IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally broke her in properly with a trip up and down the California coast and Santa Cruz Mountains this past Saturday. had about 120 miles to go but they went by pretty quickly...and the leash came loose :evil: ...

she's a completely different animal past 5000 rpm...linear surge of power builds up from 4000 rpm up to about 5800 rpm...damn she's fast... :lol:

my friend (who owns a 2002 M3 couldn't believe how much this car pulls)...btw...the exhaust note sounds sweet in the canyons...sounds almost like my motorcycle :D .

here are some pics:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/rokuvorunatto/lst?.dir=/2004+MY+Subaru+Impreza+WRX+STi&.src=ph&.view=

Santa Cruz Mountains:

Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 1)

Pigeon Point (PCH Hwy 1)...first off-road excursion :eek:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait! But I have to... until August :(

What did you set your shift light at? Can you set it higher that 6900 RPM?

Do you run gas with ethanol in it? I hear that stuff might soon be mandatory in CA.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sweet! That third pic has got to be my fave! Where did you get the gun-metal rims to fit on that beast. Black on Black is fine! I also like that sleeker wing on the back... is that carbon fiber? One last question... in that second to last photo... how fast did you have to go to get it airborne like that? :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
windmill said:
What did you set your shift light at? Can you set it higher that 6900 RPM?

Do you run gas with ethanol in it? I hear that stuff might soon be mandatory in CA.
my shift light is set at 5800 rpm...from what i've seen on the dyno graphs, peak hp is at around 5800...i'll have to check if you can set the shift light/buzzer past 6900 rpm...

i've been putting in 91 octane...its the only highest octane available in my area...i don't know if any ethanol is in the gas.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
darwood said:
That's fun. I was in the Aptos to Montery area this weekend... must have missed each other on the 1. :)
yeah...must've just missed each other...i did see a blue/silver STi going south while I was going north on Hwy 1 after Pidgeon Point :eek:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Bah, this post was going to be much more fun as we invented stuff that your car had on it since the pics wouldn't link.... ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BHODGES3 said:
Bah, this post was going to be much more fun as we invented stuff that your car had on it since the pics wouldn't link.... ;)
i was kinda wondering if you had replied in the wrong post...but now i get it... :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CyberDog said:
Do you have a large version of PP3 (slide 7), 1024 or larger? That would make a nice screen background.

- Bill
yes i do...thanks for the idea. :wink:

·
Registered
424 Posts
i dont get it.. whats everyone talking about? all i see is the blue/gold STi which is still great mind you... i don't see a black w/ blackrims =[
congrats on unleashing her =]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts