IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ye or Ne with this mod? I wouldnt mind an extra 8-10 whp (as vinshu shows). Anyone know if this will be detrimental in the long run or if its safe to run this? I wont have a stereo, so no worries there. Other then that what do you guys think? Thanks

Robert~

I guess I might as well ask this + the alternator underdrive pulley

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I don't like the idea of changing pulleys unless you are going with a straight race car. Regardless of what the aftermarket people tell you, each component strapped to the engine has engineering requirements, and drive speed is one of those requirements.

I vote Ne from a daily-driving engineering standpoint.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Re: BODY KITS??

Ne

As far as long term problems, I have heard that the under driven pulley can wear out the crank shaft bearings. I know Perrin says they guarantee theirs won't, but unless they plan on replacing my engine when it does I will pass on this mod.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i had a set of pulleys on my old mustang and they were nothing but trouble. i know it's a different car, but imho there are better ways to get 8hp.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good, i'll pass then - Thanks.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it seems that the perrin isnt underdriven, its just 4 lbs lighter (which they said = like 100 pounds of rotating mass or something *shrug*). I might do it later on if I want a little more of a quicker throttle response lol, if thats possible.

RObert~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts