IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I found some aftermarket clips for that panel we need to take off to do an oil change. I'm not a big fan of reusing fasteners, but those buggers are expensive! I can get them for $25 plus shipping for a box of 15 if anyone's interested. It takes a while for me to get them (around 2-4 weeks). You'd probably be better off finding your own distributor for em so here's the info:

Auveco Fasteners
Part Number 19246

How much do those things cost from the dealership? If they cost this much for aftermarket, I bet the dealer ones are at least 3 bucks a piece :)

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I thought the underbody panel was screwed on. Are you removing something else to do an oil change? I have not done one yet, but I am planning on doing my next one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think he means those little self locking clips that also are used to hold on the undertray. There are if I remember right 5 bolts/screws, and then about 6 fastener/clips. I broke 2 of my clips just learning how to get them off. :/

·
Registered
528 Posts
a box of 15 for 25 bucks, i dont remember where but i got a box of 250 for about 50 dollars, not exactly the same, but they work the same. If i can find the place i got them ill post it up here.

Never worrying about broken plastic fasteners again = Win.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If i can find my old ones to compair to.....i will grab a hand full of the replacements (i have access to drawers and drawers of clips......i work at a bodyshop) i will send some to you if you cover the shipping cost....which should be next to nothing. Send me a PM with info

1 - 8 of 8 Posts