IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had installed subs under the front seats of the STI. I spoke with someone at a meet and he brought up good argument of why not to do a custom sub enclosure in the trunk. RATTLES! unless you dynamat it. But I like the idea of under seat subs. Can I fit a 10 inch or even 12 inch under there? Will the enlosure have be too small? To small to the point where performance is affected? any info please

·
Registered
29 Posts
funny, my twin sub setup in my trunk doesn't rattle.

and yes, you MIGHT be able to get an 8" under the seat, but even those require more airspace than there is under the seat. so, could you do it? yes. do you want to? most likely not.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've been meaning to get to this project ever since I bought my WRX. ;) I even bought a pair of Kicker solo-barics to do it with, but I never got around to making the boxes and then I bought the STi. There is enough room to make a very small box for each to fit under there.

You won't get big booming bass, but you will get some reall nice low end fill especially at lower listening volumes. I've had the subs in the trunk and there are so many things I didn't like about it. All that space under the Subie seats begs to be used. No losing storage space, no having to pump a ton of watts to big speakers to get decent volume in the cabin, no trunk or license plate rattles, and much lighter than a big trunk box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts