IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case none of you know this Unabomber has a really sexy rearend. Ok, maybe not Unabomber himself, but his car sure does.

Here's what happened - he got our Klunk Killer Race version. Then a couple weeks later her picked up the Whiteline rear subframe lock bolts. He flipped out at how nicely they tightened up the rear end of his car. In fact, he flipped out so much that he asked us to put this bundle together.

Therefore, we now have a nice little bundle called Unabomber's Sexy Rearend. Here's what you get with it:

- The TiC Klunk Killer in the race stiffness (this is made up of the TiC rear diff mount bushings and the Kartboy rear outrigger bushings
- The Whiteline rear subframe lock bolts

Here's the link:
http://turninconcepts.com/product_info.php?products_id=166

Here's the pic:

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Nice, I am gonna have to order those later on for install over christmas break, when I can actually get around to installing them.

For the subframe lock bolts, are there any downsides to them, as far as being hard on the car - some were saying that they would be hard on some welds, I am not sure I understand the problem with them... anyway, any input?

·
Registered
524 Posts
AndrewSS said:
For the subframe lock bolts, are there any downsides to them, as far as being hard on the car - some were saying that they would be hard on some welds, I am not sure I understand the problem with them... anyway, any input?
I heard the same thing... so interested as well.

·
Banned
7,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Opinions vary. Whiteline's stance is to take them out for daily driving. Many people feel this is a CYA statement, and leave them in for years with no adverse affects.

My stance - it's up to you.

·
Registered
930 Posts
would you happen to have any pics of the subframe lock bolts installed, i added the klunk killer from you guys and love the results. just wondering what does the subframe lock bolts do really

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
ON SNAP! i have that beanie baby already, can i have another one if i order it?

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
I have this kit...minus the rear subframe bolts..and it really helps! Very big difference. Clint, I was wondering, after installing the subframe bolts.....you would def need an alignment after all that right? Someone told me that he did his and his subframe shifted 1/2''....and he needed an alignment.....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sounds like a great package... I can't seem to get the link to work.

I'm going to assume that the rear bolts are going to take you out of STU...

·
Registered
403 Posts
^ hmmm weird, I just ordered the kit yesterday. whole website appears to be down at this time.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I also have the Klunk Killer kit installed and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the bolts?
Also, where exactly do they go?
Does anyone have pics?
Is there a very noticeable increase in NVH like the website states?

I know there was a warning about the increase in NVH with the Klunk Killer kit, but it's minimal in my opinion and the added stiffness is well worth the little ammount of noise, so I'm wondering if it's the same case for these...
Actually the noise is pretty cool sounding :lol:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
pt518sti said:
I also have the Klunk Killer kit installed and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the bolts?
Also, where exactly do they go?
Does anyone have pics?
Is there a very noticeable increase in NVH like the website states?

I know there was a warning about the increase in NVH with the Klunk Killer kit, but it's minimal in my opinion and the added stiffness is well worth the little ammount of noise, so I'm wondering if it's the same case for these...
Actually the noise is pretty cool sounding :lol:
Still wondering about my questions as well :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.