IW STi Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Found a work around... you can create a thread with TEST as Title and do Test12345 for Body... it will create with no issues- then edit it with what you want for both /// no issues. This isn't browser related; but more of a handling request on the data thats inputted and getting rejected.
Hope no one is paying for this... YIKES

·
Registered
574 Posts
Found a work around... you can create a thread with TEST as Title and do Test12345 for Body... it will create with no issues- then edit it with what you want for both /// no issues. This isn't browser related; but more of a handling request on the data thats inputted and getting rejected.
Hope no one is paying for this... YIKES
Awesome, that worked! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Looks like my problem was specifically related to either my thread title or using the Exterior sub-topic for 2015+ Discussion.

This morning I posted a new thread in Drivetrain with no issues. I went back and re-tried my exterior post and it failed again. When I chaned the title to test, it posted and then I went back through edit and renamed the thread.

Thanks for the above suggestion. Seems like there might be an issue with either title content...

·
Administrator
246 Posts
Thread titles is the key

I don't have a solid list, but there are certain pairings of words that, when together, are causing this. The most I can say is that it's very common words causing.

My only solid example was the one provided by Ebnash. The words "Rear Black" when together, cause a 500 error to pop up.

So if you get the 500 error, go back and try and change some of the words. Look for common words and think of synonms

I'm hoping this is a major piece of the puzzle. Going to try replacing some functions that might be the cause next week. Not doing so now as we are about to go into the weekend when the techs are away

Kevin

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts
Thread titles is the key

I don't have a solid list, but there are certain pairings of words that, when together, are causing this. The most I can say is that it's very common words causing.

My only solid example was the one provided by Ebnash. The words "Rear Black" when together, cause a 500 error to pop up.

So if you get the 500 error, go back and try and change some of the words. Look for common words and think of synonms

I'm hoping this is a major piece of the puzzle. Going to try replacing some functions that might be the cause next week. Not doing so now as we are about to go into the weekend when the techs are away

Kevin

It is a PHP memory issue due to the way vbulletin’s search engine works and stores/tags threads.

I’ve been saying this for a year.

You can’t expect a new user to know to edit their thread title to make it work. They are not going to necessarily be aware to post here for support either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,028 Posts
It's possibly down to a few different things. Our techs are looking into a fix for it so it will hopefully not be an issue.
considering this site was working perfectly fine before you guys took it over and Kevin was the developer, the architect, and the engineer, i'd be taking whatever golden nuggets he gives you and just do it.

Your "tech" team has royally fucked up this site beyond repair. Kevin knows how to fix these fuck ups. Listen to him, otherwise you're more and more showing your cards on how you never intended to take this site on and make it worthwhile for people to stay.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts