IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Administrator
241 Posts
Re: Well this site has gone to shit

Where are you trying to created a thread? If you go into any section at the top of the topic threads you should see a button that reads "New Thread" click on it and you should be able to start a thread.

Thank you so much,

~ Glenda

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Anywhere. I cant start a new thread at all. It allows me to go to the area to type it up, but it goes to a page error when trying to post it

·
Administrator
241 Posts

What browser/device are you using? Your account is fully activated. Can you try logging in on a different browser and see if you still get this error?

Niall

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Browser: Firefox (Most current, just checked)

I have been having the same issue for months, stated complaining in the slow thread because I could not start my own in the Site/Bug area either and the rest were locked.

I just posted a thread in the GD Engine/Drivetrain for sale thread. I almost though it was a dream that it posted.

I still cannot post in the suspension area. The page just goes blank, if I push refresh after waiting 20-30 plus seconds, it says firefox has to resend the data, click okay, nothing. Back button just takes you back to your posting page, normally. Tonight it was all blank/fresh, my typed title and body were not saved.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=234

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm also having problems. I have tried posting in both safari and chrome. I'm trying to make a for sale post in the classifieds and as soon as I add anything beyond full race in the Title box I get a 500 internal server error when I click preview post.

·
Administrator
241 Posts
Can you guys get me the links to the sections you have been unsuccessful when trying to post to? Still can't recreate on my end, and I'm wondering if I'm just misunderstanding the section

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
8,017 Posts
I just tried posting a new thread in that forum and got the 500 error. I hit back and refreshed the page and tried again and was able to get it to post.

This is not ideal and NOT THE FIX but if someone trying to post a thread could try that then post back that'll help.

Admin team, the suggestion by the old site owner Kevin to increase the memory usage sounds like the next step here. 500 errors are generic to a site with only the server logs explaining what is happening.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I tried hitting back and refresh the page and the text from all the fields would disappear and I would re-enter it and click post and still get the 500 error message. I did find a work around. For the title box I just put in Full Race and clicked post and it let me post. Then after it posted I clicked edit and put in the actual title I wanted (*New* Turbo Kit Full Race Stock Location Borgwarner EFR 7163 Subaru WRX STI 2008-2017) and clicked save changes. That seems to work.

·
Administrator
241 Posts
I'm not getting an error posting in either section. I there anything else I might be missing, any steps to replicate the issue? Can you also try clearing your cache and cookies for the site just in case.

Niall

·
Super Moderator
8,017 Posts
I'm not getting an error posting in either section. I there anything else I might be missing, any steps to replicate the issue? Can you also try clearing your cache and cookies for the site just in case.

Niall
cache/cookies wouldn't affect the posting of a thread though. the server is rejecting action of the post, hence the 500 error.

·
Administrator
241 Posts
Hey there,

Capture.PNG 2.PNG

Just tried posting but couldn't get the error.

I tested this on Chrome/WIN10.

Maybe it could be browser specific? Are you guys on Firefox or Safari?

Ed

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I use firefox with Windows XP 64 bit right now.

As stated above and before, I can and have posted some places, even places I could not before after multiple attempts. Still not in the thread above.

·
Administrator
241 Posts
Could be coincidence that every time we try and test, it doesn't happen. Then again, it could be something unique to some accounts. Still on our end, but not a site wide bug.

bue car, would you be ok with my testing from your account? I would either need your login info, or your permission to temporarily change it for testing.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 149 Posts