IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
First of all, they could bump the boost up to 16-17psi and be in the 11's, easy. Second, that's WAYYYY over priced. For less then half that, I could get an STi into the 11's. Exhaust, intake, boost controller, UTEC and some bigger injectors/pump. Bam, 11's. With a bigger turbo, you should be running a LOT better times than just a 12.1 in this car.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya... thats what i was thinking. $6000 could put you in the 11s easy and then have some to spare (considering people are running 12.9 stock..) . Man I cant wait for utec to come out, then we'll see what everyone's potential is.

Robert~

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
1st the Honda Element. Then the Scion...

Yeah, that seems a bit pricey. There DP looks like it is not much better than stock. Godspeed's kit should be much better for less money.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
RLsChMiDt said:
It's too bad that on an EVO, you can run a 12.3 with a DP, Boost controller and AVCR :x It's tempting me
lol thats funny you say that... i just read in motor trend about a $15,000 HKS package for the evo... it runs 12.8s and 0-60 of 4.5 ... lol
oct 03 vol 55 no 10

are you sure about that though? #1 AVCR is a boost controller ;) ... but im sure you meant AFC. I know for a fact that my friend's EVo with TBE and ecu and BC will NOT run 12s period. It ran like a 13.X still ... Maybe if a pro was driving it and tearing the crap out of it... then maybe, but... Also my friend's evos 5spd is already screwing up... 2nd gear synchros are already screwing up at 5k miles and locking him out sometimes... so i wouldnt just go all out for evo (if you were).

Robert~

·
Registered
88 Posts
With an upgraded turbo and fuel system why are they still boosting a stock 14psi? Because they are still using a TMIC?

BTW, what's the STi's trap speed in a 1/4, stock?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Re: Japanese Model STi HID headlamps

staticx313 said:
RLsChMiDt said:
It's too bad that on an EVO, you can run a 12.3 with a DP, Boost controller and AVCR :x It's tempting me
lol thats funny you say that... i just read in motor trend about a $15,000 HKS package for the evo... it runs 12.8s and 0-60 of 4.5 ... lol
oct 03 vol 55 no 10

are you sure about that though? #1 AVCR is a boost controller ;) ... but im sure you meant AFC. I know for a fact that my friend's EVo with TBE and ecu and BC will NOT run 12s period. It ran like a 13.X still ... Maybe if a pro was driving it and tearing the crap out of it... then maybe, but... Also my friend's evos 5spd is already screwing up... 2nd gear synchros are already screwing up at 5k miles and locking him out sometimes... so i wouldnt just go all out for evo (if you were).

Robert~
That's what I meant. The EVOs run really rich, stock. You've probably heard, but they've got an EVO running 11.6's on the stock turbo and stock internals. They might be running N20, but I'm not sure on that.

As for running 12.3's on a boost controller, exhaust and afc... it's been done a couple times. I browse evom.net a lot lately, and a friend of mine is getting an EVO. So we'll see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts