Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: -LHD- Recato STI seats

whats the point of these? prolly cost the same as Recaro sportster cs

Image Link

The fact that they are custom made for the STIs ( as per the plate that is installed on the side of the seats which specifies their exclusivity, with the STI stitching all over them.. That's something that you cant simply find everywhere ;)

One of the popular compliments that i always get from almost everyone that gets into my car always revolves around the seats :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

The fact that they are custom made for the STIs ( as per the plate that is installed on the side of the seats which specifies their exclusivity, with the STI stitching all over them.. That's something that you cant simply find everywhere ;)

One of the popular compliments that i always get from almost everyone that gets into my car always revolves around the seats :)
Indeed :tup::tup:

·
Registered
332 Posts

If I could justify the cost, I'd quote you the shipped price and cinch the deal.... Those are fantastic seats.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
367 Posts
-LHD- Recato STI seats

Hopefully i could get some soon from the Middle East. Told a friend to source some for me. Here are some pics that he took:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
332 Posts
Re: Re: -LHD- Recato STI seats

Replied. Asking price is so far outside my ability that I'm nowhere in the running.

Looking at recaro speed seats. $800/seat is a bargain. Yeah no airbags or sti stitching, but still... $5k for seats is just too much.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

Replied. Asking price is so far outside my ability that I'm nowhere in the running.

Looking at recaro speed seats. $800/seat is a bargain. Yeah no airbags or sti stitching, but still... $5k for seats is just too much.

You could have the 'STI' embroidered on those speed seats for a very reasonable price as well ;) they'd still be Recaros, made for YOUR STI :p and for less than half the cost

·
Registered
5,106 Posts

You are out of your mind if this shit is 5K
I disagree. If these are indeed 5k that is probably one of the lowest costs I have seen to get a pair of these.

I looked for a few years before settling on the CS recaro seats and couldn't get a shipped price on these for any less than $3500/seat and even then finding lhd was difficult.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

I disagree. If these are indeed 5k that is probably one of the lowest costs I have seen to get a pair of these.

I looked for a few years before settling on the CS recaro seats and couldn't get a shipped price on these for any less than $3500/seat and even then finding lhd was difficult.
lol, well, $5k seats for a $40k car, seems very excessive to me...just saying, you could easily put $5k into an engine build and would be much better used.

The value of these seats is whatever someone is willing to pay for them. So if someone pays $5k, well, they were worth that much I guess. These would be the last thing on my list of mods to do though, just can't justify cost to usage. For $5k you could do some nice custom seats. I know, I know, customs, shipping, etc cost a lot. Which is why local custom work would make more sense to me.

·
Registered
151 Posts

As bboy just said they are worth 5k to someone sure(and who ever they maybe I'm sorry for their wallet ;)). But to me id rather get some brides and in that case in willing to take out the back seats and interior and cage the car. I wouldn't do that with these seats just seems like a bit to much money to spend on looks... But GLWS

·
Registered
5,106 Posts

lol, well, $5k seats for a $40k car, seems very excessive to me...just saying, you could easily put $5k into an engine build and would be much better used.

The value of these seats is whatever someone is willing to pay for them. So if someone pays $5k, well, they were worth that much I guess. These would be the last thing on my list of mods to do though, just can't justify cost to usage. For $5k you could do some nice custom seats. I know, I know, customs, shipping, etc cost a lot. Which is why local custom work would make more sense to me.
I think most people paying for seats are finishing off a project. So I would assume 5k on seats isn't much to the person that buys them. I paid about $3200 for my CS used. They are easily $4k depending on material, rails and brackets.

Sure I could spend 850 on a pair of Corbeau but hey you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

I think most people paying for seats are finishing off a project. So I would assume 5k on seats isn't much to the person that buys them. I paid about $3200 for my CS used. They are easily $4k depending on material, rails and brackets.

Sure I could spend 850 on a pair of Corbeau but hey you get what you pay for.
Yes, but only to a certain degree.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts

As bboy just said they are worth 5k to someone sure(and who ever they maybe I'm sorry for their wallet ;)). But to me id rather get some brides and in that case in willing to take out the back seats and interior and cage the car. I wouldn't do that with these seats just seems like a bit to much money to spend on looks... But GLWS
Brides are going to run you a lot as well unless we are talking knock offs now ?

·
Registered
151 Posts

No knockoffs just would rather spend it on a race seat than a seat that is not as good. Like bboy said all personal preference. Glad I could bring your fs thread back from the dead lol

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.