IW STi Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have put anti seize... but I've considered getting extended studs or getting extended studs with a more common pitch for more options on wheel lug nuts such as mcgard

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Tried to place an order through a few dealers for the S209's rear cargo area foam floor support. The S209 has a unique floor support that is molded to clear the intercooler spray tank. Well, every dealer told me that STi of Japan is not approving any orders for S209 parts unless it is warranty work. Guess the window to buy certain S209 parts has closed. Bummer.

Well, I needed to do something so I could put my race tires back there. So i made some measurements and cut my RA foam floor support. I plan to get some plastic and go back and enclose those areas I cut out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Starting with the S207, STi in Japan uses a unique upgraded 1 piece front sway bar bushing. This bushing has been used in the S208 and now the S209. It is A LOT stiffer than stock and feels almost identical to Group N bushing hardness.

Removed front Sway Bar

Comparison between stock and the S209 1 piece bushing.

My bushing would not just slide right onto the bar without possibly deforming the bushing and ruining its integrity. So I had to come up with something.

I put the bushings into hot water for a bit to make them more pliable.

Added some Dawn Dish soap to the bar and the bushings slid right on.

Once the bushings cooled and dried they are very tight and firm to the bar.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have been following your thread and build for awhile now, like everyone else, I must say that this is one of the most impressive private build ever of ANY platform I have ever seen. The incredible effort and knowledge required, the financial dedication and the insistence of JDM/STI parts are simply nothing short of admirable. Someone from Subaru Corp and Subaru Tecnica International should get in touch with you and feature your car to show the rest of the world that Subaru enthusiasts here in the States are second to none.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I have been following your thread and build for awhile now, like everyone else, I must say that this is one of the most impressive private build ever of ANY platform I have ever seen. The incredible effort and knowledge required, the financial dedication and the insistence of JDM/STI parts are simply nothing short of admirable. Someone from Subaru Corp and Subaru Tecnica International should get in touch with you and feature your car to show the rest of the world that Subaru enthusiasts here in the States are second to none.
Thank You so much for the kind words! As the STi grows long in the tooth, and everyone is waiting for the next generation, there are still a hand full of us who crave those rare JDM and Group N parts and their build threads are probably the only active ones left on this forum!

Oh, STi of Japan has already been in contact with me......they were not happy I sourced S209 parts hahah. There are still so many OEM+ mods I plan to do yet, but for now I am enjoying tracking this car when I can and hunting down JDM parts lol

61 - 65 of 65 Posts