Torque Solutions Rear Differential and Subframe Inserts

Exerior
JDM STi Anti Glare Mirrors

Interior
JDM STi Extended Armrest

AutoX
18" BBS Raijin
245/35/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE71R

Picked up my 5th Subaru, and 1st STi on May 9th, 2019 with 7,000 miles. This is my 5th Subaru and my second turbo.

Plan to do a bunch of Autocross and Track Days in the coming weeks. Plan to keep it stock power wise, but my goal is to turn this thing into a STi Fan Boy's Wet Dream. I am trying to use as many OEM/JDM/STi parts as I can. I like the way Subaru Engineers think and do things. They solve complex problems with simple mechanical engineering practices. I think this is what gives these cars that old school mechanical feel that most new cars lose.

Summer of 2019 AutoX

Took the RA for its first Autocross Points race of the year. I missed the first 2 sessions because of the rain dates, but finished 2nd overall in B-Street. Ended up going with a set of RE71R's for the season.

Wicked Big Meet/New England Road Trip

Been a great summer with the car. Took a trip up to New Hampshire and Vermont and drove some amazing roads and stopped in at Wicked Big Meet.

Top of Mount Washington

Spent a few days Claying and Waxing the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My goal for this car was to make it as close to the JDM Type RA-R as I could. Trying to use as many oem upgraded parts as I can along the way.

JDM Battery Hold Down

Took a break from mods to put front brakes and rotors on the daily.

JDM S208 Rear Lateral Links. I also installed Whitelines rear subframe lockdown kit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered a whole bunch of S209 Parts direct from my local dealer. It took awhile to get the rear draw stiffener, but it finally came. I installed:

Rear Draw Stiffner

Front Draw Stiffner

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been also heading back to PA on my time off to continue the never ending project that is my Jeep CJ7

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Received my JDM S208 extended Subframe bolts. These bolts are longer and thicker on the non threaded part. The idea is that all of the "S" series cars are handmade, and greater care can be taken to align the subframe to the body with less room for error. When this is done on the assembly line there needs to be some wiggle room.

There is a "lower subframe stopper" that I am also waiting on for the front 2 subframe bolts. This stopper as well as these bolts are also used on the S209.

Also, I found these rare beauties. More to come on those later. Thats what the Group N Exhasut hangers are for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spent the past week or so slowly doing some paint correction on the RA. Just needed a basic clay, wax, and polish. I am no pro and am constantly learning about automotive detailing. Its definitely therapeutic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The CJ7 Project Continues. Wired up the dash, ran HVAC cables, installed heater box assembly, and did final install on the dash itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts