161 - 180 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Re: Tyler's '13 SWP STI--Updated 2/3/2017 Cars at the tuner

CONGRATS!!!! :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:
Haha thanks guys.

So, I have a fuel leak near the tank. I walked into my garage with a horrible smell of fuel. haha There was a pretty big puddle under the car. I took the plugs and stuff apart and re-clicked them. I don't know if it's still going or not but I cleaned up the area. If it's still going when I get off work I'm going to head back over to Simple Performance and have them put it on the lift.

Other then that it's running really well. Ryan at Simple Performance put a rev limiter on the car at 4k, and an alarm of 5psi and the check engine light will come on so I know to stay out of boost. Not that I would, but it's smart of him to do that.

Car built good oil pressure, and fuel pressure. Surprising enough I buttoned everything up correctly and Ryan said I did a good job. (yay me, and supporting caste). This week has really been one of the worst for me though, just so much life has happened and it's just been blah. I'm glad to get the car back, I really think it's just what I needed for a distraction.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Re: Tyler's '13 SWP STI--Updated 2/9/2017 CAR IS BACK!

Update.

Car has 340 miles on it. Been driving a ton. Trying my best to keep it off the freeway but honestly it's hard. I'd say time wise I've been equal with on and off freeway driving, and I'm never on the freeway for more than 20 minutes at a time.

Went over to Jonnywachter house this weekend to hookup my Speedhut Gauges. Unfortunately our grommet on our cars is on the passenger side and the wires just weren't long enough to make it to the driver side A-pillar. But since Jonny is an engineer for them, he whipped me up some extension wires that are just plug and play so I'll be good to go sometime this week for my oil pressure and boost. The AEM boost controller worked just fine though, it was supplied with like 18' of wire. Not even kidding I think we could have ran a gauge to the trunk.

I'm ready to be tuned though. I honestly can't wait for high 300 tq numbers from E85 and getting on it with the stock turbo.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #168

Just hit 500 miles today. I'm going to do a oil change today, also going to set aside about a liter of oil in a water bottle since I don't have my Blackstone kit yet. I'll send it in once I get that, and I'll probably order another set here shortly for the 1000 mile mark just to make sure the engine is in good health.

I'm going to call the shop probably sometime early next week to get my dyno appointment earlier if I can. I'm thinking the car will have 1000 miles on it by Friday next week. ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts

Hey I have the EXACT same car as you... Wondering why you ditched the fog lights for the blanks? I actually think I like how it looks with the blanks and decals.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #170

Hey I have the EXACT same car as you... Wondering why you ditched the fog lights for the blanks? I actually think I like how it looks with the blanks and decals.
I just really like the decals. You don't really see it on our cars. Just the older models. But I think our cars pull it off extremely well. Plus, you don't see a limited with blanks. I still have my fogs in the garage so I can switch them in and out when I please.

·
Registered
109 Posts

I just really like the decals. You don't really see it on our cars. Just the older models. But I think our cars pull it off extremely well. Plus, you don't see a limited with blanks. I still have my fogs in the garage so I can switch them in and out when I please.
I see. I had an 06 STi that had the blanks with the decals, and I agree its pretty nice. The fogs don't actually do anything anyways, really just cosmetic. Any more pics that show the front better with the blanks? I might just need to pick up some blanks!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #172

I see. I had an 06 STi that had the blanks with the decals, and I agree its pretty nice. The fogs don't actually do anything anyways, really just cosmetic. Any more pics that show the front better with the blanks? I might just need to pick up some blanks!
I don't. But I can take a picture later.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #173

900 miles today. Called my Simple Performance, looks like Ryan is out until Thursday so looks like getting a tune early might not happen.

Also an investment opportunity has come up, and I'm thinking about waiting on wheel purchases/power upgrades and using that money towards this other thing.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #175

Automotive related?
Yea, a good friend is in the works of opening up a small car dealership. We have a couple other friends that are doing the same thing and doing really well. They have come up with some pretty good business strategies, and talked us into doing it as well. So I won't be a part of the actual business. I'll just be getting my dealers license and sell cars through his dealership. Just buying cars off auction and reselling them. Everything has already been sourced out.

Basically we have an insurance company we go through, a warranty place, a repair shop already lined up, and the auction site is literally 7 minutes from the dealership. I'm pretty savvy with the flipping of cars so I think it's a line of work I'd be really good at for side work. Honestly, would just be dumb of me to not get into this.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Yea, a good friend is in the works of opening up a small car dealership. We have a couple other friends that are doing the same thing and doing really well. They have come up with some pretty good business strategies, and talked us into doing it as well. So I won't be a part of the actual business. I'll just be getting my dealers license and sell cars through his dealership. Just buying cars off auction and reselling them. Everything has already been sourced out.

Basically we have an insurance company we go through, a warranty place, a repair shop already lined up, and the auction site is literally 7 minutes from the dealership. I'm pretty savvy with the flipping of cars so I think it's a line of work I'd be really good at for side work. Honestly, would just be dumb of me to not get into this.
Yeah, I've actually been debating something along the same lines. More with parting out. But it will depend on if we end up getting a larger shop, current one is just too small.

Good luck on the endeavor!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #177

Yeah, I've actually been debating something along the same lines. More with parting out. But it will depend on if we end up getting a larger shop, current one is just too small.

Good luck on the endeavor!
Haha, thank you. I really want to pay off the STI, so honestly should stop dumping money into it and just own it outright. Any money I'd make would go straight into payments or reinvested into the auction.

Just for an example, a Titan popped up in auction. They bought it for 7k out the door, resold it for 12.5. Like holy shit. The deals are there, and not all sales are going to be that good. But damn, I'll take my chances.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #179

Back onto the top of my STI. What's the inlet size on the FP Blue? Is it 3"? I don't see any specific on it.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

I think you can get the 84MM(3.3") or the 58MM which is stock.

This is what that housing will look like:(This is a local Chicago guy

Here's his build:

569whp/577wtq
Parts list
-IAG Stage 2.5 closed deck
-IAG AOS
-IAG TGV Deletes
-IAG Prime Motoring Edition V2 Fuel rails
-IAG Fuel Line Kit
-Cobb Flexfuel kit and Pressure Sensor
-ID1700s
-AEM 320 E85 fuelpump with DW direct wire kit
-Aeromotive Adjustable FPR
-Visconti Tuning Speed Density kit 3.5 bar
-IAG MAF Block off plates
-IAG Air pump delete block of plates
-IAG Billet half moon seals
-IAG Billet timing belt guide
-Killer B Ultimate Oil Pan Pick up Combo
-Killer B Holy Header
-Invidia Catted DP
-FP Black Turbo
-FP 84mm Turbo Inlet
-Perrin turbo blanket
-Cobb EBCS
-Cobb Intake
-Cobb XLE BOV
-Grimmspeed 38mm uppipe
-Tial 38mm EWG
-Torque Solutions TMIC
-SouthBend DXD Stage 2 drag clutch
13 STi build, 569whp/577wtq IAG stage 2.5 closed, Torque Solutions TMIC, FPBlack, bui - NASIOC

161 - 180 of 577 Posts