IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 579 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Re: Tyler's '13 SWP STI

Good luck in holding out! LOL :rofl: it works for a little while.
I really only need to hold out for 2 months. I wont be adding parts until after my break-in anyways. So I think I'll be fine. ;)
I tried to hold out...

..and now I'm over here looking at IAG GtSpec ELH +EWG uppipe kits and thinking to myself, do I really need to eat and pay my rent this month? :rofl:

For real though, you've got to get your engine back and post up some pictures of the install so I can admire from afar
Can I give you my engine builders phone number and you can tell him to hurry up?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

I have some good news!! Engine is built. Looks so good. Also, opted to go with just normal Manley rods, but turbo tuff Pistons. This block won't ever see anything more than 500whp so I think it's fine to rock regular rods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #85

I feel like it's hard for me to believe that is my stock engine. Like it almost looks brand new. I'm stoked on that.

Helll yeaaaaaaaaaaa
When he sent me this, I said the same thing.
Woooooo! Time to get her installed and get to driving!
Dude I knoooow. I'm going to busy for the next couple of days but hopefully I can get started Sunday or Monday on it. I'm actually kind of nervous of putting it all back together. I haven't touched anything since October, and I don't remember where it all goes. Haha oops. I'll figure it out.

I'm mostly concerned with the fuel system. Since I have all new lines, flex fuel, regulator, rails, injectors, and sensors. I have to re-route it all. So, I just hope I have enough hose.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts

I am going to rock that stock block till it pops. Hopefully that's a good distance away, but if it does, it does. Half the high I get from driving my car is parking it and realizing nothing blew up!

Haha. I love those wheels. Been on the car almost a year now. Wasn't sure I'd like the bronze on the car, but I'm happy I did it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #90

How was the eibach springs? Im thinking about doing the same setup with 20mm spacers on my hatch.

They were good. I only bought them to lower the car and get rid of the sketchy body roll. I have 20mm spacers as well ARP studs. I'd recommend rear LCA's cause you're gonna be pushing about -2.0 to -2.4 degrees of camber, and you can't change it. So it's gonna rip through tires. Ask me how I know. I didn't change that, cause I bought camber bolts for the front and it's -2.5 all the way around the car for autocross.

·
Registered
10 Posts

They were good. I only bought them to lower the car and get rid of the sketchy body roll. I have 20mm spacers as well ARP studs. I'd recommend rear LCA's cause you're gonna be pushing about -2.0 to -2.4 degrees of camber, and you can't change it. So it's gonna rip through tires. Ask me how I know. I didn't change that, cause I bought camber bolts for the front and it's -2.5 all the way around the car for autocross.

Lol good to know. Other than reducing body roll, how was the ride quality? Stiffer? Also since they lower the car about an inch, did you ever notice the struts bottom out? (sorry for all the questions, I just cant decide to go with these or RCE yellows).

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

Lol good to know. Other than reducing body roll, how was the ride quality? Stiffer? Also since they lower the car about an inch, did you ever notice the struts bottom out? (sorry for all the questions, I just cant decide to go with these or RCE yellows).
I mean, definitely stiffer, but still very OEM like. My car settled about 1.4" of a drop, with zero reverse rake. The car sits very very level. But, I also have a fully loaded limited STI that weighs a little more. I don't bottom the struts out, but hard bumps don't sound very good on the car. lol

·
Registered
508 Posts

For suspension I would suggest the 2015+ struts and springs. I installed them on my 2012 hatch and it is really amazing. Significantly less body roll. No nose dive during braking and ride quality is way comfortable than the RCE yellow.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

For suspension I would suggest the 2015+ struts and springs. I installed them on my 2012 hatch and it is really amazing. Significantly less body roll. No nose dive during braking and ride quality is way comfortable than the RCE yellow.

If we're gonna suggest suspension. Just buy Coilovers.

·
Registered
508 Posts

If we're gonna suggest suspension. Just buy Coilovers.

Yes of course, but you can get used setup for cheaper price than the RCE and the Eibach. I got mine 3k miles with springs and tophat for 250 USD.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I mean, definitely stiffer, but still very OEM like. My car settled about 1.4" of a drop, with zero reverse rake. The car sits very very level. But, I also have a fully loaded limited STI that weighs a little more. I don't bottom the struts out, but hard bumps don't sound very good on the car. lol
I appreciate the info.

RCE yellows would get my vote
If I was looking for just performance handling, hands down that would be my choice. But I dont prefer the stance/look since it still keeps the reverse rake. I was actually going through your build journal before I posted my question here and I almost had it all figure out because of you having the front lowering tophats installed. But I sent an email to Myles at RCE and they dont carry them anymore unfortunately.

Yea, gonna have to agree with that. They don't drop as low, but are probably better all the way around.
Yeah thats why Im having a hard time deciding.

I didnt know that you could do that lol, does it lower the GR chassis at all or same OEM height?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

I appreciate the info.

If I was looking for just performance handling, hands down that would be my choice. But I dont prefer the stance/look since it still keeps the reverse rake. I was actually going through your build journal before I posted my question here and I almost had it all figure out because of you having the front lowering tophats installed. But I sent an email to Myles at RCE and they dont carry them anymore unfortunately.

Yeah thats why Im having a hard time deciding.

I didnt know that you could do that lol, does it lower the GR chassis at all or same OEM height?

If you're looking to lower the car, but gain some performance. Eibach is your choice. 2015 is gonna sit the same as your stuff now, maybe a little lower but probably unnoticeable.

81 - 100 of 579 Posts