IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: Tyler's '13 SWP STI

Yea it's all good. Honestly I have a pretty good self-control over my emotions so I'm really not phased by this. Just kind of put on hold for a little longer. Hopefully everything comes together in 2017, cause at this rate it feels more like a 2018 finisher. haha!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

Some sort of magical stuff happened. Credit card company over nighted my card that just so happens to be the card that I can put my refund on. So, that was processed today. Also, there was absolutely zero line at the DMV which is like awkwardly weird, and the lady felt bad about my shit getting stolen she didn't even look at my mail dates. Just saw the address and was like nah it's good. Asked if she needed to see my birth certificate or SSC and she was like nope you don't look suspicious, were good here. She was badass honestly.

Anyways, other block is at the machine shop. So I'm assuming sometime early next week it will be done? Maybe I'll be installing it next weekend... which is christmas! Shit, could be the best Christmas yet. Who knows. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts

Nice to hear man! Tell the machine shop to hurry up so you can get this done! I want to see what your car will be making for power soon and get jealous! lol

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

Happy to hear everything back on track. Best Xmas ever indeed :)
Haha, shooting for Christmas is pretty high expectations. It's pretty unlikely. The beginning of the year makes more sense to me. Either way, we are moving forward and I like that.

Nice to hear man! Tell the machine shop to hurry up so you can get this done! I want to see what your car will be making for power soon and get jealous! lol
Haha, I wont be making much more power than you for a little while. I am selling those coilovers I got. The Tein Super Racing. I bought them for a stupid cheap price, and told myself I'd only sell them for certain amount. A person just said they would pay me today, for my asking price. So I have to do it, probably going to pick up a used set of Fortune Auto 500 coilovers cause that was my plan in the first place. But, after I get my bonus, tax return, and maybe sell my Miata, I'll dump some money towards a turbo/intercooler/headers and be ready to go. Hoping for March-ish time for all of that to happen. When it's warmer and not freezing ass cold.

Also got my refund from Prime. They said 3-5 days and it was only 2. So that's pretty neat. Might pick up a new radiator, and need to buy my wideband sensor.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

What is everyone's opinion on going FMIC, Blouch 1.5XTR, and Tomei EL headers? Taylor at TopSpeed has a thread on Nasioc of all the cars they are tuning. He said on E85 this setup can get close to and/or touch the 500whp mark. I really need to keep my numbers just below 500whp cause I'm only on a semi-closed deck. So really a 460-470ish on E85 would be nice/ideal.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

What is everyone's opinion on going FMIC, Blouch 1.5XTR, and Tomei EL headers? Taylor at TopSpeed has a thread on Nasioc of all the cars they are tuning. He said on E85 this setup can get close to and/or touch the 500whp mark. I really need to keep my numbers just below 500whp cause I'm only on a semi-closed deck. So really a 460-470ish on E85 would be nice/ideal.
It's a very potent combo, and it is DEF easy to hit between 450-500 on E85 with the Dom 1.5. (Provided the Dom is a healthy unit.)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

It's a very potent combo, and it is DEF easy to hit between 450-500 on E85 with the Dom 1.5. (Provided the Dom is a healthy unit.)
Yea, just for the quick spooling and it being a few hundred dollars cheaper than a GTX3076R I think I'm going to go this route. I really don't want to do a FMIC but I do intend to track this car a few times a year and last thing I want during a mid-90degF day is mad heat soak. Freakin' can't wait for some E85 in my life.:cool:

I also really hate the idea of going EL header. Big reason I even bought this car was the rumble. But I also truly hate the idea of having something that is going to sacrifice performance/reliability. Sad day.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Haha, I wont be making much more power than you for a little while. I am selling those coilovers I got. The Tein Super Racing. I bought them for a stupid cheap price, and told myself I'd only sell them for certain amount. A person just said they would pay me today, for my asking price. So I have to do it, probably going to pick up a used set of Fortune Auto 500 coilovers cause that was my plan in the first place. But, after I get my bonus, tax return, and maybe sell my Miata, I'll dump some money towards a turbo/intercooler/headers and be ready to go. Hoping for March-ish time for all of that to happen. When it's warmer and not freezing ass cold.

Also got my refund from Prime. They said 3-5 days and it was only 2. So that's pretty neat. Might pick up a new radiator, and need to buy my wideband sensor.
I was going to go with FA500 coils too but my tuner suggested to me he Feal 441s, man I couldn't recommend them more. Right around the same price point, and I mean I couldn't be happier with them.

But yeah I hear you on the waiting to dump money into the power aspect.. an used FP Green HTA just came up in my one of my local FB groups for selling subie parts for an insane deal that I really want but am trying to be responsible and pay my engine off first lol

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

I was going to go with FA500 coils too but my tuner suggested to me he Feal 441s, man I couldn't recommend them more. Right around the same price point, and I mean I couldn't be happier with them.

But yeah I hear you on the waiting to dump money into the power aspect.. an used FP Green HTA just came up in my one of my local FB groups for selling subie parts for an insane deal that I really want but am trying to be responsible and pay my engine off first lol
ya, haha, i feel ya on that. I have heard a lot of good things about FA500's so I'm probably going to go with them. Plus, if I can't find used ones. I have a guy I buy parts through that will give them to me way cheaper than I can get them anywhere else.

But for real, I find myself on the forums a few times a day looking at turbos and headers. FML. Definitely need to hold out till at least March for power mods. I don't mind buying coilovers right now.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

Question for everyone.

I'm wanting to install a 10 micron -6AN pre-injector fuel filter on the STI. I can't find one from Aeromotive that is a -6AN(only -10AN) and Fuelab has a few options but none of them specify to be compatible with methanol. So, what is everyone else running?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Just look at it! :lol:

I don't have it, but it's an attractive piece that's for sure.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

Just look at it! :lol:

I don't have it, but it's an attractive piece that's for sure.
All of the in line filters actually look really nice. Like the Aeromotive and Fuelab ones actually look really good. But anything Radium is going to look fire.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

First off, I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Mine was good, but it snowed about 14" at my house Christmas night and shoveling it sucked. Haha

Car news, no engine yet. Builder said it was at the machine shop still. He said this week for sure. I won't be able to install it this weekend, I'm working my second job the whole weekend. So, looks like in two weeks I'll be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

Engine is back from the machine shop. Had to wait to order pistons to figure out what size the cylinders were honed in at. Going with a 99.75mm piston. Said he is shooting for this weekend or Monday. But I heard that same thing last week, so, yea whenever it's done. haha

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)

Still no engine, not a whole lot of information from the builder Just think he is taking his sweet time. I'm getting super impatient though. Realistically I could be driving the car already. :(

Also been saving a lot of money the last month and half working so much. Looking at turbo/FMIC and headers like crazy. Trying to hold off until my bonus/tax return at the end of February before going crazy. Hopefully by then I'll have my thousand miles of breakin done.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Still no engine, not a whole lot of information from the builder Just think he is taking his sweet time. I'm getting super impatient though. Realistically I could be driving the car already. :(

Also been saving a lot of money the last month and half working so much. Looking at turbo/FMIC and headers like crazy. Trying to hold off until my bonus/tax return at the end of February before going crazy. Hopefully by then I'll have my thousand miles of breakin done.
Good luck in holding out! LOL :rofl: it works for a little while.

·
Registered
139 Posts

I tried to hold out...

..and now I'm over here looking at IAG GtSpec ELH +EWG uppipe kits and thinking to myself, do I really need to eat and pay my rent this month? :rofl:

For real though, you've got to get your engine back and post up some pictures of the install so I can admire from afar

61 - 80 of 577 Posts