IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: IAG, Flex Fuel, Racekor.

Installed the AEM320 today. Swore I read it was a drop in pump. Haha I was wrong. Had to modify the housing a bit to get it to fit. Oh well. It's in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Weird, which one did you get, the one with hooks? I didn't have to modify anything, but the sock provided wouldn't work so I used the one with the stock pump.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Weird, which one did you get, the one with hooks? I didn't have to modify anything, but the sock provided wouldn't work so I used the one with the stock pump.
Mine didn't have any hooks. Did the aftermarket sock make it to long for you? Cause I ran into that issue, and used the stock sock.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Mine didn't have any hooks. Did the aftermarket sock make it to long for you? Cause I ran into that issue, and used the stock sock.
Yeah, it had a HUGE footprint compared to the OEM one. I wish I would have known, would have bought a new OEM one. I need to add a filter in the line eventually anyways.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Yeah, it had a HUGE footprint compared to the OEM one. I wish I would have known, would have bought a new OEM one. I need to add a filter in the line eventually anyways.
Yea, same same. I wanted to do that anyway, just haven't had the chance. I was thinking about just snagging a new OEM one as well to get it over with. It isn't to hard to pull the assembly apart.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

That's a nice looking short block you've got there :tup::tup:
Thanks man. I get my heads back from the machine shop today so it's going to start getting put back together tonight. :cool: I'm excited, also hope I don't fuck anything up.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

TL;DR, block is getting sent back to Prime Motoring cause it's not what I thought I was getting. Here is the story.

They posted a 2015 STI motor on IG with CP pistons with 1500 miles for $1000. Which was awesome. I wrote them instantly and told them hey, how much more would it cost to put in King or ACL race bearings with Manley Rods. They said an extra $1200. I was like yes do it.

Well, next day they wrote me and said the block had been sold but they can build me another one for the same price. But we ended up switching to Wiseco pistons. I waited 3 weeks, still haven't started, waited another 2 weeks and ask if they started yet. They said they were trying to find a nice block. Which was cool, and sucky. So they finally write me and tell me they found a really nice block and they are going to get it put together for me.

After looking the block over when I got it, it looks like it's in rough shape. Like a lot of salty winters. Which was sad to start with, cause the 2015 block had 1500 miles on it and looked brand new. Deck surfaces weren't cleaned, it wasn't honed which concerns me about rings seating properly, and there was a broken bolt in the bell housing. Which really pisses me off cause how effortless was that they couldn't even take that out. Just makes me think they didn't look the block over at all.

So yea, it wasn't expensive, and probably my own fault for not specifically saying do this stuff. Just expected a shop like that to do it because I feel like that is work that SHOULD be done in the first place. End of the day I'm really disappointed. I'm more sad because I thought I was 2 weeks out from driving my car again after 6 months. I guess I get to wait longer.

/rant

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Re: Tyler's '13 SWP STI

Local shop that everyone seems to love is going to build me a motor with Manley Turbo Tuff Pistons and Rods, King or ACL bearings, and a new 08+ STI crank. They said they will work over the case halves and let me know if they need to take it to 99.75mm or if they can leave it at 99.5mm. Either way, they said they can start on it and have it finished for me and once I get my refund from Prime I can just come grab it then. So that's sweet, looks like I'm still about 2 weeks out from a dyno if I can get this shit put back in quick enough.

·
Registered
139 Posts

TL;DR, block is getting sent back to Prime Motoring cause it's not what I thought I was getting. Here is the story.

They posted a 2015 STI motor on IG with CP pistons with 1500 miles for $1000. Which was awesome. I wrote them instantly and told them hey, how much more would it cost to put in King or ACL race bearings with Manley Rods. They said an extra $1200. I was like yes do it.

Well, next day they wrote me and said the block had been sold but they can build me another one for the same price. But we ended up switching to Wiseco pistons. I waited 3 weeks, still haven't started, waited another 2 weeks and ask if they started yet. They said they were trying to find a nice block. Which was cool, and sucky. So they finally write me and tell me they found a really nice block and they are going to get it put together for me.

After looking the block over when I got it, it looks like it's in rough shape. Like a lot of salty winters. Which was sad to start with, cause the 2015 block had 1500 miles on it and looked brand new. Deck surfaces weren't cleaned, it wasn't honed which concerns me about rings seating properly, and there was a broken bolt in the bell housing. Which really pisses me off cause how effortless was that they couldn't even take that out. Just makes me think they didn't look the block over at all.

So yea, it wasn't expensive, and probably my own fault for not specifically saying do this stuff. Just expected a shop like that to do it because I feel like that is work that SHOULD be done in the first place. End of the day I'm really disappointed. I'm more sad because I thought I was 2 weeks out from driving my car again after 6 months. I guess I get to wait longer.

/rant
That sucks to hear man.. At least you have that other local shop with the quick turn around so you hopefully don't have to wait too much longer.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Tyler's '13 SWP STI

So getting rid of the honeycomb crap oil cooler, snagged a Perrin pressure plate and mishimoto oil cooler. Besides my actual short block I have everything I need to get it going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

Just put down the 50% for the new motor. I'm still waiting for the refund from the other engine. It hasn't been delivered yet. Says some delay or whatever in Jersey. Not sure if weather is bad there but it's literally 9 minutes away from where it's supposed to get dropped off at. haha

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

So someone broke into my backyard, we have a gate that locks from the inside that we shut every night. My Miata was went through, they stole my wallet. All of my roommates cars were either attempted to get into or went through. They got into the garage too, doesn't look like anything is missing. Which is awesome cause there is about 7k worth of new car parts just chilling in there. But, this means getting my motor back will be even longer since I have to wait for all new debt/credit cards. Haha, if it's not one thing, it's another. Looks like they used one of my credit cards at Wal-Mart for 270$ but I called and disputed it/reported the card stolen. So it was wiped clean.

But, Prime's engine arrived on Saturday. They said they are inspecting it today, should get a refund processed today too. Which wont matter cause I don't have a card to use it on. -_-

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

So someone broke into my backyard, we have a gate that locks from the inside that we shut every night. My Miata was went through, they stole my wallet. All of my roommates cars were either attempted to get into or went through. They got into the garage too, doesn't look like anything is missing. Which is awesome cause there is about 7k worth of new car parts just chilling in there. But, this means getting my motor back will be even longer since I have to wait for all new debt/credit cards. Haha, if it's not one thing, it's another. Looks like they used one of my credit cards at Wal-Mart for 270$ but I called and disputed it/reported the card stolen. So it was wiped clean.

But, Prime's engine arrived on Saturday. They said they are inspecting it today, should get a refund processed today too. Which wont matter cause I don't have a card to use it on. -_-
Damn, that's some bullshit! Hope things turn around for you!!

41 - 60 of 577 Posts