IW STi Forum banner

561 - 577 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yoooo I may have the stock FPR stuff. Can you let me know exactly what you need(It's the goofy looking contraption, right?) - a lot of my stuff is in storage now because I'm leaving my shop, but I actually think I know where it's at.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Yoooo I may have the stock FPR stuff. Can you let me know exactly what you need(It's the goofy looking contraption, right?) - a lot of my stuff is in storage now because I'm leaving my shop, but I actually think I know where it's at.

Yea, it’s this shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #567
Was thinking about getting wheels but decided to hold off for a while until i get everything figured out with this car. Found a cheap set of faction fab 25mm wheel spacers for $100. So snagged those. Pretty damn happy with the front fitment. Only test fit front passenger seeing as its 9:30pm. I’ll throw the rest on later.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
Damn, little update.

Got the STI much closer to an end point. Had to remove basically every mod on the car to get it to pass smog. Which that sucked, I failed 3 times hoping to get away with something but the guy was super thorough. Anyway, that is behind me for 2 years so that’s nice.

Bought FA500 Series 6 coilovers since the shit eBay ones this guy had on it were the worse. And the rears were blown out so that was neat. It rides and sits way nicer.

Bought a flexfuel kit, still waiting to buy a V3 accessport so Jason(yahamaSHO) can do an e-tune on this. It’ll be a very close to/or 400whp. I think the injectors will be the limiter(1050x). Just need to be smart about the money so I’m not killing my savings. Car currently makes 330whp on 17psi(wastegate). Which isn’t bad. But I’m ready for E85+sealevel+20g quickness.

Also changed all the fluids in the car with some sort of Motul/ Motul gear oil so I know it’s all fresh. Car still needs a major cut and polish cause this paint has so many swirls in it I wanna cry. And it’s black so magnify that by 1,000. Anyway, killing the stock wheel look from now till ever. Hope everyone is doing well.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
Ayeee glad to see it's mostly sorted. It's amazon prime days so I'm debating getting a random orbital to do some work on the paint as well.

Let me know what you end up with. I’m personally on the fence of spending $150 and 8-10 hours of my time vs $300 to have a shop just do a cut and buff and I’ll just upkeep it.

I don’t mind doing the work. I’m just lazy enough that it sounds shitty.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #573
Developed a coolant leak. Found the coolant line to the turbo was also rubbing against the turbo oil feed line and poked a hole in it. Separated the two lines by about an inch and just slid the hose in a bit further and tightened it up. Problem solved.

Random picture I took at the gym today. Love roof racks on hatch backs man. Big fan.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yeah, I have always liked the roof rack look as well. I always look for them and talk myself out of them because of the price. Then I go drop 1000 on an exhaust. SMH

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #575
Yeah, I have always liked the roof rack look as well. I always look for them and talk myself out of them because of the price. Then I go drop 1000 on an exhaust. SMH

HA! I understand that. I found this Yakima setup with ski racks for $150 and jumped on it fast. Normally it’s no less than $300 where I live. Pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Never was a huge fan of roof racks. I have some on my Forester and once its running, I'm taking them off.

I will admit they look better on a hatch than a sedan.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #577
Never was a huge fan of roof racks. I have some on my Forester and once its running, I'm taking them off.

I will admit they look better on a hatch than a sedan.

Yea man, i had this exact roof rack on my sedan and although i liked it. It looks much better on the Hatch. Just don’t have the ski mounts on cause it’s summer and I’m in Cali so that would be pretty dumb looking. Haha

561 - 577 of 577 Posts