IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: IAG, Flex Fuel, Racekor.

I have about 90% of the stuff I ordered. Just missing a few items from IAG. Feels like Christmas. Definitely had my eye on that flexfuel kit the most. Probably what I'm excited for the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)

Prime Motoring told me my engine build starts next week. I need to learn this patience thing.

Also, everything else is in parts wise. On the fence about picking up a EL header and TMIC, but if I do that I might as well snag a 20g or 1.5. -_- So many choices.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Very interested to see how much power you end up making with this setup. I've been considering going flex fuel, but worried it might be pushing the stock block to the limit.

·
Registered
508 Posts

These teins are super awesome. Congratulations. Looking forward

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Very interested to see how much power you end up making with this setup. I've been considering going flex fuel, but worried it might be pushing the stock block to the limit.

Well, E85 is safer for our cars. Which means you can run a little more power. A lot of people sit around 350wtq on a stock block from what I've seen. If anything, you're just gaining another safety net.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Yeah that's precisely why I want to go E85 and EL headers, more for reliability purposes than power at least until I start building my block. I'm already at 355 WTQ....

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Yeah that's precisely why I want to go E85 and EL headers, more for reliability purposes than power at least until I start building my block. I'm already at 355 WTQ....

Yea but 355wtq on 93oct and stock headers. Haha

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

TEIN's vs stock+eibach springs.

Lol wheel gap

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Motor is starting to get built on Thursday. Working on 5 months since I've heard this thing rumble. Leettsss goo.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)

Meeting my tuner tomorrow morning at 10am. We're going to talk about anything he wants to add or would prefer. Motor supposedly got built yesterday, so lets hope that happened and that they are shipping it sometime next week. So I'm being hopeful that I have the block in the next 2 weeks.

Also planning on pulling the block apart and getting the heads ready to be machined and taking apart the AVCS gears and cleaning them out incase shavings got in there. I think I'm only missing an oil cooler right now and I'll have everything for assembly once my short block gets here.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Ok, so motor is scheduled for delivery on Friday. Heads are at the machine shop now, but they are pretty busy, and it's the holiday. They told me maybe this week, definitely Monday. So, I'm shooting for Monday.

Also returned my Omni 4-bar sensor. Tuner told me that Omni has issues with moisture and can spike to 150psi, which basically freaks the computer out and tells it to add all the fuel. Not a fan of that idea. They recommend the AEM 3.5. So I'll buy that soon. I also just picked up a Cobb turbo inlet 2.4". I wanted to go with a 3", but no idea what turbo I want yet. So I'll just run the stocker for a while during my winter/break in. And sometime in the spring go bigger.

But, I'm getting exciting. Everything is coming together quickly. And in the next 2 weeks it's gonna be a running car, and hopefully on a dyno. I'm going to call on the dyno and see about their schedule.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Those coilovers look sinister!
Definitely the nicest coilover I've ever touched. Granted I've never touched anything crazy expensive. But in my eyes. These things are about 4k new(I didn't spend anywhere near that.), but I just wanna drive on them. I can't wait.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Im jealous of that parts pile you have there..

My motor just got back from my machine shop today and is going in next week too so I feel you on missing hearing that rumble and wanting it back. Yours looks like its going to be a sick build!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Im jealous of that parts pile you have there..

My motor just got back from my machine shop today and is going in next week too so I feel you on missing hearing that rumble and wanting it back. Yours looks like its going to be a sick build!
That stack of parts consist of 4 months of 2 jobs and 80-90 hours a week. So it comes at a price. Haha but too me, completely worth it! So pumped for it all.

Also, I just posted in your build thread about the same thing pretty much at the same time. haha

·
Premium Member
744 Posts

I know first hand how hard it is to ammass a pile of
Parts, how glorious the pieces look all neatly
Stacked together, and how satisfying it is once
Everything is installed. Love them customs sti
Gauges btw. Have u considered the doing a gtx3076
Down the line, instead of the blouch 1.5?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

I know first hand how hard it is to ammass a pile of
Parts, how glorious the pieces look all neatly
Stacked together, and how satisfying it is once
Everything is installed. Love them customs sti
Gauges btw. Have u considered the doing a gtx3076
Down the line, instead of the blouch 1.5?

I have, that's actually the turbo I want. But I don't know. Sometimes I worry I've put too much money into this build already and I should just do that.

We will see what happens around my bonus/taxes time and go from there.

21 - 40 of 577 Posts