IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an sti im running an aps turbo system which i just got like a week ago pushin out like 22 psi of boost.. before i did this got many mods to make sure im dun F***in anythign up... now im thinkin of makin my sti twin turbo mayb droppin another aps turbo on the other side... does anyone have any suggestions??.... or tell me a possible way i can do this??

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
You build a new block first, right? If not, you would about 5 mins after starting it with two turbos pushing 22 psi....

·
Registered
64 Posts
22psi is 22psi. doesn't matter if its coming from 2 turbos or one. 2 turbos just run more CFM.

keep in mind 2 turbos is not necessarily better. Most big HP supras run 1 turbo. If you run 2 small turbos you may get good numbers. I imagine a low spool point and good top end due to increased CFM. but for big power. spooling 2 larger turbos will be just as hard as spooling a really big single turbo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you want a faster spool and good power amount of power form a turbo. I would get a single Garret GT turbo. The GT turbos have newest wheel technology and they have a dual ball bearing center section. They will spool about 300-500 RMPs soon then a journal bearing turbo.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
What would be interesting to see if it could be accomodated would be to use a stock sized turbo for the first stage, and then a larger turbo for a second stage.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ninjaboy76 said:
What would be interesting to see if it could be accomodated would be to use a stock sized turbo for the first stage, and then a larger turbo for a second stage.
Also know as a bi-turbo setup, used on the S4's and some Mercedes/AMG cars. One turbo spools at low rpm and the other comes in later. twin turbo: both spool at the same time.

That's a fun fact. Take that home. Enjoy it.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,563 Posts
stiscoobysnacks said:
The GT turbos have newest wheel technology and they have a dual ball bearing center section. They will spool about 300-500 RMPs soon then a journal bearing turbo.
nonsense.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
supercharger and turbo... or just a bigger turbo

i can either do the Forced Air Technologies stage 5 turbo and supercharger kit which gives u 600 hp but is like $9000 . .. or should i go with the APS SR55 turbo kit which is just one single turbo which gives u up to 550 hp and 22psi which is $2100 ?? pleaseeee give me suggestionsss i am really undecided

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Mr.C said:
Also know as a bi-turbo setup, used on the S4's and some Mercedes/AMG cars. One turbo spools at low rpm and the other comes in later. twin turbo: both spool at the same time.

That's a fun fact. Take that home. Enjoy it.
As far as I know the twin turbo RX7s do the same thing, but you don't hear it being referred to as a bi-turbo setup.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
antho0 said:
i can either do the Forced Air Technologies stage 5 turbo and supercharger kit which gives u 600 hp but is like $9000 . .. or should i go with the APS SR55 turbo kit which is just one single turbo which gives u up to 550 hp and 22psi which is $2100 ?? pleaseeee give me suggestionsss i am really undecided
if your willing to spend loads of $$, do a gt40 twin scroll and get a built block.

tahtd be sex.

·
Registered
134 Posts
built correctly, with a big turbo is 10 grand anyways. forced air is interesting but not used. gt35 is a proven turbo. its 4 cyls not eight and twin turbo technology is not at the home built level yet, to be worth the investment. good luck. one question... why. is it to say you have it or would it be to really use. two torbos sounds cool. a single turbo with supporting mods makes more sense...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Dont twin turbo the car for these reason:
1. A more liky chance you will break somthing
2. Need a new motor, a h4 wouldnt hold it dont think. so a H6 would be needed for saftey
3.New engine block(all the internals)
4. twin turbos are a money pit when u can get the same effect with 1 good turbo.
5. if you have money to buy 20-30k worth of Engine,turbo, ect, or parts then its a good idea.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Forced Air Tech?

Why do you guys tharsh and bash them so much? I'm just wondering. Has anybody on this site actually bought that setup and seen what it can do? Besides, the 600hp is on stock internals, ECM, fuel, pistons.
If someone (ME Planing on it as we speak, check out my thread in general aboot making a 200mph Sti, And a Ej25 to H6 swap in here).
If someone took out the motor, built it bullet proof, H4 or H6 and did the computer, fuel, exhaust ect to the nuts, that kit would rule all.

If you want to do something unique, save/spend the extra money on whatever you want, just make sure you do it right the first time for the right reasons.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
BigRigger said:
Why do you guys tharsh and bash them so much? I'm just wondering. Has anybody on this site actually bought that setup and seen what it can do? Besides, the 600hp is on stock internals, ECM, fuel, pistons.
If someone (ME Planing on it as we speak, check out my thread in general aboot making a 200mph Sti, And a Ej25 to H6 swap in here).
If someone took out the motor, built it bullet proof, H4 or H6 and did the computer, fuel, exhaust ect to the nuts, that kit would rule all.

If you want to do something unique, save/spend the extra money on whatever you want, just make sure you do it right the first time for the right reasons.
sorrry if it was mean.
I never ment it to come off that way. Im just showing that its not all that nessecery to have it. But what ever flots ur boat.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
BruceChapman said:
nonsense.
Ohhh SNAP, Bruce called you out on that one! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts