IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anybody here is running a 20G turbo with the stock TMIC? Don't have the turbo on the car yet, and curious if I can wait a while before getting a FMIC. Other mods I'll run with this are: K&N Typhoon, Walbro FP, Perrin Injectors, Cobb TBE.

Being able to save at least $400 to $1000 would be nice, but I don't want to sacrifice too much performance.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I know one person that did it. He was running mid to high 12's at bandimere. I say that because i see you are in boulder. I would talk to harvey at Super Rupair. He can tune your car and he will tell you what he thinks. However if you run a 20g with a front mount plan on an added 20-30 whp. Is it worth it, well that is a personal oppinion but if I were you I would say to try it out first, and if it heat soaks too bad you can always change it. Also if you heat wrap the hotside of the turbo and the downpipe you shouldnt have too many problems with heatsoak.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I did it as well. I can tell you from experience that it is not worth it to upgrade the TMIC. You spend $1000 to get something that will still heatsoak. If your hell bent to not go FMIC,then be happy with what you get from the 20G tuned, but I would recommend a FMIC to get the most of your setup....

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
If you do run the stock TMIC, I suggest looking into alky injection. A FMIC would be the best bet, but you can get away with the TMIC on a 20G.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I know I'd be sacrificing some power without a FMIC. I have found one for $450 that others out here have been completely happy with, so I guess I just wait until I buy that.

WRB - I plan on having Harvey do the tuning on this for sure, as he's 5 minutes from my house. I'll probably get in touch with Jayson for the install help. thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts