IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I know I saw a thread regarding this subject but I can't seem to find it. Can someone please direct me to the thread or help me with some info.

I just installed an Apexi TT and wanted to know what I need to do to have the TT running with the stock alarm on. I can't seem to turn the alarm on when the TT is running.

Those who have installed a TT, did you guys hook up the O2 sensor wire? If so, do you guys remember what color the wire was? I downloaded the service manual and tried to find the wire but the diagrams didn't seem to match the plugs on the ECU.

Thanks

-char

·
Registered
16 Posts
can u tell me how u installed ur apexi TT...im trying to figure it out...please reply with the details

thanks

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
To my knowledge, you can't arm the stock security system with an active turbo timer.

You'll need to go aftermarket for this to be possible. I highly recommend the current line of Clifford alarm systems.

And unless you're running an aftermarket turbocharger, no Subaru needs a turbo timer.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Yukonart-

Can you elaborate on that? Ive heard this before, but why dont subbys need a TT? The last turbo car I owned was a DSM and before that a supra turbo. All of which a TT was desirable...

Thanks,

Now back to your regularly scheduld thread already in progress...

Jeff

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
sgtpeper said:
Yukonart-

Can you elaborate on that? Ive heard this before, but why dont subbys need a TT? The last turbo car I owned was a DSM and before that a supra turbo. All of which a TT was desirable...

Thanks,

Now back to your regularly scheduld thread already in progress...

Jeff
The stock turbo is liquid-cooled. . . even after the engine has bee shut off. Unless the car's been run hard just prior to parking it, there should be no need to "time" the shutdown. Just letting it cool a bit while parking and preparing to exit the car is usually more than sufficient. After the engine is shut off, the coolant continues to flow as the turbo casing heats it up. This process continues until the turbo has cooled-off.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
So what is so different about a subby turbo than any other turbo? For some reason I seem to remember my other cars having water lines giong to the turbo...?

Jeff

Or am I thinking oil lines? doh?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts