IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
i reused the old washers with no problems on the back of the block, no annealing or special sauce, just torqued it down. if its leaking be sure the banjo isnt being held away from the block by the protrusion just to the left of the bolt hole or by one of the edges on the hose connection.

·
Registered
552 Posts
who has the part number for those crush washers? its the same for both bolts i would assume? i want to put all new ones....

·
Registered
79 Posts
according to the parts list on page one
turbo is 10mm banjo
block is 12mm banjo
call a local parts supply, they should be like 5cent each. pneumatic supply type store.

For how inexpensive the copper washers are I don't understand why people re-use them. They are called "crush" washers for a reason.
a. because they forget to order them with the other parts
b. aparently they are not needed most of the time

maybe the OP can add them to the parts list.

·
Registered
552 Posts
so im guessing if i use the same setup u have i dont need to use a crush washer at the AVCS where the new 90 degree bend is? just use liquid thread sealant or teflon tape im assuming? also does anyone know if these crush washers can be bought at a normal hardware store or am i better off going to the dealer???

·
Registered
552 Posts
quick question the line going to the back of the block did you come up from the bottom or down from the top to tie it in?

·
Registered
552 Posts
just installed a line and it was a pain in the ass... partly because of the bigger turbo and the fmic pipe getting in the way..... i had to use a extra crush washer on both the back of the block and at the turbo.... all in all its installed now and i dont seem to see any leaks at the moment.... anybody else with this line how is it holding up for you?

·
Registered
552 Posts
for some reason the line is leaking from the 10mm banjo on the turbo.... i ordered 4 new crush washers and a new 10mm banjo adapter for it and im gonna re do the whole thing and hopefully it wont leak.....

·
Registered
552 Posts
yea i just paid an extra $30 or so for more crush washers and the 10mm banjo adapter..... i figure this way if it keeps leaking ill have the parts on hand....

kevin

·
Registered
881 Posts
Don't use these. See post #104

Detailed Description
Earl's Stat-O-Seal is very simply the best sealing washer available. It consists of a synthetic rubber O-Ring mechanically locked to the inside diameter of an aluminum washer. When tightened, the O-Ring is compressed, forcing the sealing surfaces around the bolt shank. It also provides the advantage of an O-Ring type seal without the necessity of machining O-Ring grooves into the part. In any application where you are now using a copper or aluminum sealing washer, the Stat-O-Seal will do a better job.

81 - 100 of 353 Posts