IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 353 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Mine had a crack forming when I replaced it with a braided line during my turbo swap. This is on an 06 with 22k miles.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
yes it will just change the setting from the icon that looks like a flower , right now your on the icon that looks like people .
I used da setting witda wittle flower, but I think my mums picture taker is borked. I tried all the settings and couldnt get it to focus :notsure:

·
S204 Racer
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey lurker. Just wanted to give you a heads up on a couple of things with your instructions. The fuse is actually a blue 15, at least it was for my 06. It may be different for an 04/05/07 etc. Also I never used the 10mm wrench at any time. Not sure what you had used it for, but I used the flat head screw driver to loosen the metal clamp on the intake and the 10mm socket to get the heat shield off.
Wow, I'm sure my fuse was yellow, but thanks for the info, I'll update the original post.

I used the 10mm wrench to get the heat shield off, couldn't get a socket on the bolts in the back.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Why not remove the line? I'd love to do this to avoid a problem with this line in the future, but I don't want hacked lines floating around the engine bay.
Because there is an arse load of work to remove that line. You have to remove the intake manifold etc.. not an easy job. In the mean time, the left over line isnt hurting anything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Because there is an arse load of work to remove that line. You have to remove the intake manifold etc.. not an easy job. In the mean time, the left over line isnt hurting anything.
I'll see if I can chop it off further back so it is not visible. Left over lines with nothing on them are a quick way to fail visual on smog. Not that I have to worry about that now, but I'm also a little nitpicky about the cleanliness of the engine bay and a hacked line doesn't sit well with me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Hey just a few question's my buddy bbong bought this oil line from you. Now he has the Ultimate Racing Oil line witch needs to be used do to the oil Restrictor pill. I tried to fit the line buy replacing the line you have going to the turbo with the one ultimate racing supplied but the fitting wasn't the same thread where did you get the T fitting from? I'd like to get this line working for bbong. lmk thanks

Bill

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
anyone know what fitting id need to hook this up to the adapter on top of a blouch DOM3
ah you have are issue. Well once you know where to get the T fitting from it's simple just bring the line with you there and match it up. You Probably need a T fitting with the same size thread all the way around I think that's what we need for bbong's car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ah you have are issue. Well once you know where to get the T fitting from it's simple just bring the line with you there and match it up. You Probably need a T fitting with the same size thread all the way around I think that's what we need for bbong's car.
ya i think we need the same part. a "T" with one end that has the same threads as the stock piece where adapters add on with turbos from FP, Blouch ect. im sure one of them could tell us what threads are on the stock one. does the UR kit have the pill in the actual line? or is it like mine where it screws into the turbo then the line attatches to it (2 males ends on the "pill")

·
Registered
79 Posts
the blouch "pill" is a 1/4" inverted male flare with 4 AN thread on the side sticking up. so i need to adjust my parts list to have a line with 2 female 4 AN fittings (one end to "T" one end to turbo adapter/male flare) instead of the stock banjo fitting used here. Mike told me he dosent know what the thread is on the stock line but that they had to source out custom fabrication of that part.

correction: i should be able to just not use the 10MM banjo fitting and instead hook it directly to the fitting on the turbo. we shall see soon, parts were ordered last week.

21 - 40 of 353 Posts