IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Cobb posted some recommended values for JEC/NISMO 720/740cc injectors. You can find them on COBB's forum under the sti street tuner section. I am using those for now. I need to find a way to fix my fuel injector Boost trim error as we cannot adjust this in Street Tuner.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
COOL! I will look for those. Thanks!

sti752 said:
Cobb posted some recommended values for JEC/NISMO 720/740cc injectors. You can find them on COBB's forum under the sti street tuner section. I am using those for now. I need to find a way to fix my fuel injector Boost trim error as we cannot adjust this in Street Tuner.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
My main problem is that I need access to more tables to be able to effectively tune tip in :( I can watch my wideband and on tip-in the AFR goes rich but then it immediately swings lean :( I can't feel this when driving. It feels fine. But, the data bugs me. I have modified the tip-in to be almost double the stock values and I still get the lean spike after the large rich spike on tip in. Fact of the matter is that there exists a tip-in decay table. This describes how long the tip-in remains in affect. An algorithm is used to determine the rate of tip-in removal. I need to increase the lenght of time that tip-in is in effect. I have the APS 70mm CAI so that is part of the issue. However, I think others will see this same phenomena if you look closely.

t

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31225

Could someone please download the FP20G map from that link then copy the tip in table from that and paste it here for me? I have a FXT so my ST won't open the STi files.. =(

As for the tip in tuning problems, I see it now also. Even though my tip in tables are stock I see the AFRs go really rich then it goes really lean. Hopefully in the next update of ST the needed tables will be released.

·
Registered
623 Posts
What about the other tip-in like table (Fuel Injector Boost Error Trim) that references rate of change in MAP? Christian talks about it in his tuning guide but I don't see it in ST. Could that be giving you guys trouble?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Zumble,
Sorry it took me so long but here is the tip-in data from the 20g map using JEC 740cc injectors. Sorry about the awkward format but it'll have to do. Hope it helps.

TPS Delta:
0.00-0.98-1.95-3.91-5.86-7.81-9.77-11.70-13.70-15.60-17.60-19.50-21.50-23.40-25.40-27.30-29.30-31.30

Tip in enrichment:
106-121-134-221-303-387-464-535-603-630-659-729-798-858-946-1034-1121-1208

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitely helps! Every little bit helps! I'm going to start whipping up a new basemap now. Thank you!

sti752 said:
Zumble,
Sorry it took me so long but here is the tip-in data from the 20g map using JEC 740cc injectors. Sorry about the awkward format but it'll have to do. Hope it helps.

TPS Delta:
0.00-0.98-1.95-3.91-5.86-7.81-9.77-11.70-13.70-15.60-17.60-19.50-21.50-23.40-25.40-27.30-29.30-31.30

Tip in enrichment:
106-121-134-221-303-387-464-535-603-630-659-729-798-858-946-1034-1121-1208

·
Registered
246 Posts
WolfPlayer said:
My main problem is that I need access to more tables to be able to effectively tune tip in :( I can watch my wideband and on tip-in the AFR goes rich but then it immediately swings lean :( I can't feel this when driving. It feels fine. But, the data bugs me. I have modified the tip-in to be almost double the stock values and I still get the lean spike after the large rich spike on tip in. Fact of the matter is that there exists a tip-in decay table. This describes how long the tip-in remains in affect. An algorithm is used to determine the rate of tip-in removal. I need to increase the lenght of time that tip-in is in effect. I have the APS 70mm CAI so that is part of the issue. However, I think others will see this same phenomena if you look closely.

t
are you sure you're not overfueling via the enrichment and causing the stft to compensate?

·
Registered
876 Posts
ride5000 said:
are you sure you're not overfueling via the enrichment and causing the stft to compensate?
I'm almost sure he is. I increased tip-in and when I went to far, the car would hit rich and then rebound to lean. Since I cant dampen that at the moment, I need to try and find the ultimate "impulse" value that puts it right without creating a reaction.

The problem also is that as far as I can tell there is the single dimension of TP delta... but I think there is a temperature based dimension out there too, since my car definitely has tip-in issues for the first 3-5 minutes of driving that are absent after that.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I use the JECS 720s... That may be the same as the injectors you are using.

my values...

106-121-134-221-303-387-464-535-603-683-763-844-924-993-1096-1197-1298-1399

Though I am going to try another 10% below 603. I use a blow-through MAF, fwiw.

·
Registered
289 Posts
RainMaker said:
I use the JECS 720s... That may be the same as the injectors you are using.

my values...

106-121-134-221-303-387-464-535-603-683-763-844-924-993-1096-1197-1298-1399

Though I am going to try another 10% below 603. I use a blow-through MAF, fwiw.
What's interesting is the highend of your listing.

Granted, it's a blow through setup. But, typically on a JECS/NISMO injector, you have a trend where the light TPS deltas need extra fuel, and the higher deltas need significantly less (if not you see massive enrichments suddenly tipping into WOT).

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
RiftsWRX said:
What's interesting is the highend of your listing.

Granted, it's a blow through setup. But, typically on a JECS/NISMO injector, you have a trend where the light TPS deltas need extra fuel, and the higher deltas need significantly less (if not you see massive enrichments suddenly tipping into WOT).
I've done a couple base maps tonight based off of Ride's advice. I immediately converted back to a stock TPS AE map and started over. On my JECS, my light TPS deltas needed a little extra fuel and my higher deltas needed more fuel too. I know that Daemon on this board ended up giving the higher deltas more fuel too. I remember trying less fuel awhile ago after downloading one of your maps and looking at what you ended up with for the JECS values. I tried those way back then and they didn't work for me - a direct lean spike when cracking the blades wide open. But, I am also using a lower scalar (3700) whereas you used a higher one (4000 IIRC). Cobbs scalar for these injectors is even slightly lower (36XX). I'm also using an injector boost error comp map that is 70% of stock. I'll continue to log with my newest map and report back. With Ride's advice I immediately got rid of the rich-to-lean spiking (not that the car felt any different - but I felt better because the logs looked better - roflmao).

t

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
WolfPlayer said:
I know that Daemon on this board ended up giving the higher deltas more fuel too.
FWIW, I'm not using that mapping anymore. It appeared to improve some things, but I was never 100% happy with it. Then I ran out of time to play (especially with lots of base map changes). I'm eagerly anticipating your new values. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
RainMaker said:
The problem also is that as far as I can tell there is the single dimension of TP delta... but I think there is a temperature based dimension out there too, since my car definitely has tip-in issues for the first 3-5 minutes of driving that are absent after that.
there is definitely a 3-d tps/ect map on my ecu image. i had to use xmlwrite to pick it up off my base a4tc101l rom (my03 usdm wrx).

incidentally, it is NOT zeroed out, as are some of the other tps-based maps (ie tps/rpm). i have not altered it yet.

ken

·
Registered
876 Posts
Rainmaker said:
What you say appears to be totally true.

Please consider my Tip-In values "Under Construction" ;)
Ive added another 20 to the lower 5 values and then blended that in.

It hasnt made a huge difference. I'll add some more, but with these JECS, its not making the difference it used to when you added a mere 10%.

On another note, I have had a couple cases where on tip-in it went lean, and logging didnt pick up any tip-in enrichment at all. Out of the blue, some moments dont actually trigger tip-in, which makes the car actually stumble for a change (according to both my feel and logging). Very odd.

chris

·
Registered
876 Posts
WolfPlayer said:
(not that the car felt any different - but I felt better because the logs looked better - roflmao).
Boy is that the truth. Sometimes I wonder if the LC-1/XD-1 guage is a curse. The car probably runs quite well, but I cant stand the guage swinging around and I probably "feel" what it is saying even when its not noticible.

The curse of the over-informed.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.