IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you guys with any larger injector's tuning your lean cold starts? I have Nismo's, and unless the coolant temp's are above 145*, the car idles/runs like crap. Afr's are 17:1, and upon warming up, they finally get back to 14.8-9:1 range.

There aren't any settings in ST that I could see to adjust this behavior. So I'm curious with what other's have done to correct this.

I tried searching, but nothing like this came up...

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
I am curious how/why you are having this issue.

1) What are you using for the scalar and latency values?
2) What intake?
3) How do you know that you are running lean?

I have started my car in 50d weather so far and it starts and runs totally fine.

There is a coolant based injector trim table. It is in ProTUNER. The DIY scene might have access to this table - not sure.

t

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have stock intake.

Christian supplied me with these:
Scaler 3670
LAtencies 4.68, 2.35, 1.33, .88, .67 The 1.33 is a 11.5v setting, specific to an LGT. Although I have the Sti intake manifold/ tmic...

The factory O2 reads in the 14.xx range, but my LM1 says its 17:1. And logging the cold start is how I correlated it to the coolant temps.

I had Christian adjust the CET & FIBTE tables, and this did nothing. So I have no clue...

I have also looked into open source, but they do not have these tables defined yet...

So wolfplayer,

You have no cold start isssues at all? Weir, perhaps it is something to do with the LGT specific ECU?

·
Registered
130 Posts
edmundu said:
I have also looked into open source, but they do not have these tables defined yet...

So wolfplayer,

You have no cold start isssues at all? Weir, perhaps it is something to do with the LGT specific ECU?
Someone is testing these tables right now for Enginuity. Hopefully will get some feedback soon and can add them for all 32bit ecus within the next couple of definition releases.

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Edmundu,

I have a huge concern here over the fact that your stock sensor is reading 14.7:1 and the wideband is reading 17.x:1. IMHO - either ....

1) the wideband sensor is hosed
2) the stock sensor is hosed
3) You have an air leak in your exhaust between the 2 sensors

14.7:1 is easy and accurate for both sensors. They shouldn't be reading differently for 14.7:1. Try recalibrating your Wideband. They really should read the same for 14.7:1.

t

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WolfPlayer said:
Edmundu,

I have a huge concern here over the fact that your stock sensor is reading 14.7:1 and the wideband is reading 17.x:1. IMHO - either ....

1) the wideband sensor is hosed
2) the stock sensor is hosed
3) You have an air leak in your exhaust between the 2 sensors

14.7:1 is easy and accurate for both sensors. They shouldn't be reading differently for 14.7:1. Try recalibrating your Wideband. They really should read the same for 14.7:1.

t
I hear you, but there is no leak, the factory O2 is fine, as is the LM1. I know this because with the stock injector's in it is perfectly fine. And once the coolant temps exceed 150 or so, the 2 sensor's display pretty much the same output.

This is solely in the ECU, whatever is going on in there. I forgot to mention also, that while the car is at 17:1 running lean, coughing, & spitting, the ST Fuel Trims are pegged at -23.92%?

CET or FITBE do nothing for it. I have since put in a Cobb base ST map, that has none of these tables touched and it behaves the same.

·
Registered
130 Posts
WolfPlayer said:
I just checked/searched enginuity and I think this might be the post to which merchgod is referring? Wow. You guys are adding lots of cool stuff!

http://www.enginuity.org/viewtopic.php?t=660

t
Yep, that's it. Right now, I'm finishing up the CEL fixes. The next definition release will have all individual CEL fixes for all revisions, which is around 150-175 CELs per ecu revision.

After that, I'll look at adding the injector trim tables assuming the testing goes well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WolfPlayer said:
Maybe your stock O2 isn't heating up quick enough?
I don't know. It is a new one. As I thought it was bad at first, a couple months ago...

And with the stock injector's in 3 days ago, the car was perfect! So there is something within the ecu. As the only variable changed were the injector's.

I'll be working with Merchgod on testing some new def files, to see if we can't get this corrected....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts