IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru WRX STI Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I have a 2021 Subaru Sti with a turbo inlet and a intake and cat back and a boost controller and it’s all pro tuned already and my killer b headers just arrived and I was wondering if I could put those on and run them for a while until my other parts arrive, I basically wanted to know if could run my equal length headers with out a retune for a few weeks

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
503 Posts
^^ The headers increase the VE so much that at WOT, you risk slight lean conditions.
You can do it for now and enjoy the (obvious) increase in low end torque, but as mentioned, take it easy until everything is dialled in.
I did it on my ELH for like 3-4 months, but I also never really flogged it.

Separate point to keep in mind; you are already running the fuel system hard going intake+downpipe on a 18+.
Adding the inlet made that more so.
Now you're doing headers, so that's pushing it a step further.
Try turning on the monitor on your AP for Injector Duty Cycle.
You may find you are already hitting close to 100%, and the headers will make that higher.
You 'can' run the car with 120% IDC, but it isn't ideal.

On my car, which isn't even a VA with the more efficient turbo, i'm running the same mods (without the intake), and I opted to upgrade my fuel pump and injectors to avoid the inevitable risk of running a really high IDC with all of the mods installed.

Just something to think about.
If you really don't want to do it, talk to your tuner to see what they think.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Yes you can run the car with the new ELH, just baby the car and dont push it. Its recommended to have the car retuned as soon as you can to really reap the benefits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts