IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thanks for reading. Recently I took my car in for a pro tune. Everything feels great but the car isn’t modified, complete stock and I’m wondering if the tune is aggressive. thanks for any tips guys/gals

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
304/338 on a completly stock sti does sound agressive. Those are stage 2+ to stage 3 numbers. Are the 2019 sti really that powerful??

Im no data log expert but like Yamaha said, you will need to post up some data logs in order for us to tell if its agressive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
304/338 on a completly stock sti does sound agressive. Those are stage 2+ to stage 3 numbers. Are the 2019 sti really that powerful??

Im no data log expert but like Yamaha said, you will need to post up some data logs in order for us to tell if its agressive.

I’ll grab a data log today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get guys hope you all are having a nice holiday week. Here are a couple logs I grabbed today Data logs

A dyno graph alone will not show if the tune is aggressive, especially with a Mustang Dyno. Post logs if you want to see what the tune looks like.
hope you guys are having a nice holidays. Grabbed a few logs

Data logs

·
Super Moderator
8,396 Posts
It's not bad. I personally would have probably kept the timing a little lower in the lower peak torque range. You do have some Learned Knock up top. Whether or not that is knock, I can't say as the timing is crazy high up there. You could always move a degree of timing on the AP and reset the ECU and see if the FKLC comes back.

All that said, it's also AFR dependent and without having a WBO2 graphed out with it, it's a guess as to how accurate that is.

I'd say it's fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not bad. I personally would have probably kept the timing a little lower in the lower peak torque range. You do have some Learned Knock up top. Whether or not that is knock, I can't say as the timing is crazy high up there. You could always move a degree of timing on the AP and reset the ECU and see if the FKLC comes back.

All that said, it's also AFR dependent and without having a WBO2 graphed out with it, it's a guess as to how accurate that is.

I'd say it's fine.
awesome thanks for taking a look I figure if just keep it as is

·
Vendor
241 Posts
A 4th gear pull is going to provide better data, however, 12 degrees at peak torque ramping to 21 degrees is reasonable on 92 octane or better fuel. Where are you located?

Dyno to dyno is going to vary a lot. What were your stock numbers on that same dyno in the same conditions?

On our Dynocom dyno we see ~260whp on a stock sti with 92 octane, with a stage 2 ~300whp is pretty common running similar boost and timing to what you have. Your IATs are ~50 degrees so you're going to be less prone to knock, keep an eye on your feedback knock once temps go up. It's tough to say what your actual A/F ratio is since you're OE sensor is pegged, but they tend to be reasonably accurate in the ranges they can read. So you likely have 11:1 or richer A/F, which is fine for safety but should be verified with a wideband A/F sensor. The commanded A/F of 11.5:1 is leaner than we run on pump gas.

Just keep on eye on things once air temps start going up.

·
Super Moderator
8,396 Posts
I generally see the stock O2 peg once the AFR goes into the 11's at all, at least at WOT.

Hopefully, comp tables have been addressed when it starts warming up so you don't start running in an unsafe manner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A 4th gear pull is going to provide better data, however, 12 degrees at peak torque ramping to 21 degrees is reasonable on 92 octane or better fuel. Where are you located?

View attachment 58158

Dyno to dyno is going to vary a lot. What were your stock numbers on that same dyno in the same conditions?

On our Dynocom dyno we see ~260whp on a stock sti with 92 octane, with a stage 2 ~300whp is pretty common running similar boost and timing to what you have. Your IATs are ~50 degrees so you're going to be less prone to knock, keep an eye on your feedback knock once temps go up. It's tough to say what your actual A/F ratio is since you're OE sensor is pegged, but they tend to be reasonably accurate in the ranges they can read. So you likely have 11:1 or richer A/F, which is fine for safety but should be verified with a wideband A/F sensor. The commanded A/F of 11.5:1 is leaner than we run on pump gas.

Just keep on eye on things once air temps start going up.
locater in the north east 93 is pretty good in my area. Thanks for the heads up for when temps are on the rise

·
Vendor
241 Posts
It would be nice to know your wideband A/F info but this looks like a pretty standard pro-tune otherwise.
Just keep an eye on things :)
awesome so in your opinion is this tune aggressive for a 19? I hear the engine is similar to the type ra engines, but I don’t see much online for 19-20 STi tuning. So I don’t know if this is okay or not

1 - 14 of 14 Posts