IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I scheduled my ride for yet another tune this Thursday at ARFabrication.com. All is in working order, so with the STI gods willing all should be good.

I'll be doing a C16, and Meth maps.

Anyone up for a trip and a day of tuning, hit me up. Its always a good time with Howard and Crew :devil:

·
Registered
120 Posts
i would roll with you but im taking the kiddies to deleware this evening to the beach for a couple days.good luck on that should be a beast.

k.c.

·
Registered
35 Posts
what time is your tunning session, i have always wanted to go up to AR but dont know where it is? Im located in charles town and im off tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Va06Sti said:
what time is your tunning session, i have always wanted to go up to AR but dont know where it is? Im located in charles town and im off tomorrow.
I plan on getting there between 0900-1000am ARFabrication.com They are just off 81 near berryville. Well worth it Howard will talk ya ear off about Subbies.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Hmm I may meet u up there, problem being I need to drive 3 hours now since I am back at school. I need to get my dp re-welded and wouldnt mind getting some dyno time to get my alky dialed in.

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
spazegun2213 said:
if i could take the day off i would... good luck man... and I'm guessing on both c16 and meth (can you do that?) a solid 430-460WHP and +30 on the tq numbers :)

(c16 freaking rocks!)

Take the day off, I could use the moral support.

I hoping to break the 400whp mark, its been my goal and expectation with this turb, but with all my SH*ty luck who knows....

Either way it will be a fun day! Hope to see you guys up there. Is 1000am to early for beer :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good luck man, take for me for a ride whenever it's done.

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Tune

Actually it was Howard that blew his engine :D He was sporting his new WRX with a strapped on GT40R. We were taking a break for lunch and "cruising" down the hw and blammo. I got spray'd by coolant from his ride. Howard took it with stride, he seems to have a hard ** for blowing up engines. Actually he thinks it was ONLY blew a gasket.

Anyway........

1st tune/base
Meth
C-16

I think thats nuff said :banana:

Big thanks to Howard and Crew @ http://ARFabrication.com, and Doug from http://www.topspeedsales.com/(g0dmju454i2lzj45jhmb5145)/default.aspx They worked all day on perfecting my ride. Howard had Doug on the phone, working on the numbers. Great day, freak'n great!

·
Registered
567 Posts
HA!

DJ it only lifted the gasket....I put more coolant in it and its fine! lol We are leaving for the nite club and Im driving her there..lol

BTW...You and I just wasnt cruising on the highway...but since streetracing is a crime :rolleyes: Id say we were just testing the limits of my stock **** today...lol....

Edit: The rad cap is rated at 10psi too...and is as old and tired as the engine...so I replaced it too...lol

BTW...you need a External WG!

Howard

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
AR Fab said:
HA!

DJ it only lifted the gasket....I put more coolant in it and its fine! lol We are leaving for the nite club and Im driving her there..lol

BTW...You and I just wasnt cruising on the highway...but since streetracing is a crime :rolleyes: Id say we were just testing the limits of my stock **** today...lol....

Edit: The rad cap is rated at 10psi too...and is as old and tired as the engine...so I replaced it too...lol

BTW...you need a External WG!

Howard

I still think you get off on blowing up engines. Your lucky you didn't launch that cap through your hood. Tho, that would have been pretty cool.

How about a nice Monday night outting, stretch that weekend out a little furhter?

Whats an External WG? :rolleyes: ...............50more whp/tq

·
Registered
567 Posts
dammit!

I cant seem to get motivated to goto the stripper pole club!

As far as me gettin off on blowin up engines....you are correct but Im in the mood for a rod or two to come out...not just coolant...thats not a blown motor....It only took me 4 Honda engines to get 1300CHP correct...now they go all season without the need for a bearing change...lol Im waiting for the big motor...show everyone that 1000whpSuby is a no brainer...and not just a Unicorn thats always talked about but never seen...lol

Howard

EDIT: Its not AR Fabrication nor RaceSleeve Engineerings' nature to feel free to blow up engines...BUT for RD the limits MUST be pushed and we will build our own engines to be pushed very hard to better our customers products!

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,432 Posts
AR Fab said:
dammit!

I cant seem to get motivated to goto the stripper pole club!

As far as me gettin off on blowin up engines....you are correct but Im in the mood for a rod or two to come out...not just coolant...thats not a blown motor....It only took me 4 Honda engines to get 1300CHP correct...now they go all season without the need for a bearing change...lol Im waiting for the big motor...show everyone that 1000whpSuby is a no brainer...and not just a Unicorn thats always talked about but never seen...lol

Howard

DOWHAT!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
forgedSTi said:
that thread title's an eye catcher. :lol:
awesome numbers, dj. congrats, man... glad to see you're finally getting the most out of that turbo.

hah.. Yeah, I'd have to agree on that one. I was completely geared up to read about a tuning session gone wrong! :eek:

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
forgedSTi said:
that thread title's an eye catcher. :lol:
awesome numbers, dj. congrats, man... glad to see you're finally getting the most out of that turbo.

Thanks bro! Its been one hella of a journey, and according to Howard we're not done :rolleyes:

But for now I'm freak'n estatic.

Thanks guys for all the moral support!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
BTW DJ

Dan tells me there is video from that helicopter flying over that I was pulln on you too...it was on the local news!....you werent keepn up with my busted WRX..lol...

Im just kiddin!

Glad your having fun!

Have a nice day....Im off to MIR to drive the wheels off my Honda...maybe run a low 9 too....

Howard

1 - 20 of 21 Posts