IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered, didn't see anything when I searched though. I'm looking at getting the Perrin turbo inlet and was wondering if it required any additional tuning. I already have a Cobb AP Stage 1 flash, CBE and DP are on the way to go Stage 2 OTS until I can get into IAG for a pro tune. Will I run into any issues with an inlet and the OTS map?

Also, at this point, is there any performance benefit to an upgraded intake? I was looking at the Cobb SF, and their dyno maps show a big performance increase, but from looking around the forums, I see that our stock intake supposedly is enough for well beyond the power I'd be making now.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
No need for a re-tune after the inlet (that is unless your stock one was pro-tuned with a ripped inlet). Also unless the cobb intake comes with a cold air box (I.E. filter is enclosed and the engine heat is blocked out) then don't bother with a short ram air intake get a Cold Air Intake (CAI). Other wise all you are going to do with a short ram intake is suck in hot air from the engine, cause detonation, which will cause the ECU to pull timing, which will rob power and could also lead to engine failure down the road. Get a cold air intake, brand does not matter and install the sucker out side the shop with a set of tools before your dyno tune. (as to why brand does not matter, any GOOD tuner can tune any intake they just prefer you buy the one they recommend due to it being easier for them to tune it because they already have the map for it saved...).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey know this is years late, i just got my retune with a ripped inlet my maf wasnt making the right voltage it my tuner added fuel accordingly and the tune is could to go just wondering how long before i should i wait before i consider throwing a new inlet and getting another tune. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
long as you want if you don't drive it . . .

·
Registered
2 Posts
My inlet isn't visibly torn or really ripped at all it was only down on voltage by like .06 my tuner said i should be fine unless the tear were to get worse on larger. I plan to get a new inlet within the next month

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
? ? ?

It's a leak or it isn't..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts