IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I’m tryna get my first car and I saw an 2011 sti for 13k with 187000km. I don’t know if it’s worth it for that much but I was wondering if I could get some general advice about the car and things I should look out for and if it’s an overall reliable car. And how is the car on gas and stuff.

Just wondering if it’s worth the price and I’ll take all the help I can get.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I would recommend having a pre purchase inspection done prior to buying it. I would also highly recommend having a compression and leakdown test done to verify engine health.

Is the car up to date with maintenance? Any mods? The sti in general isnt really a fuel efficent car in stock form. Forget about it once modded. If mpg is a big concern, then this may not be for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tips. It’s been maintained well and from what I can see it only has fender extensions.

Could you give me an estimate of how much you fill up and how often ?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
This will really vary depending on user, mods, fuel, and driving styles. I have short commutes and alot of short trips on average. On an average week, i get about 100 miles to half a tank with 93octane. Im also modded and running ID 1000's.

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
High milage car, not "so" old. Understand you can't know everything. Check compression, rust, and accident history/repair. They are the things not easily undone. You need a absolutely 100% repair history or you need to replace the timing belt right away. Might be time to replace anyway, If not add the cost of that off to the purchase price or have them discount it.

Honestly? NO car with that high mileage is is a sure thing - it is past it's financially prqctical point in its life and you must expect significant maintenance and cost if you purchase it. Mind you i am driving a 05 with over 255K mile on it - but it is not the neither efficient thing work wise or financially. Example: recently my harmonic balance separated . . .

Fuel efficiency? Since you asked the car is not for you. Its an older Subaru and an STI at that. If it is running properly it will get the mileage claimed for it 17/22 - unless you are very hard on it. You can get less than 15mpg everywhere if you really try.

Overall not recomened unless it is the car you want and you are prepared to sacrifice for it. Like mileage, your other questions lead me to believe you aren't.

Reactions: CHESTYC
1 - 5 of 5 Posts