IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So not too long ago I had some Kicker Comp R Subwoofers installed on my 16 STi and I simply cannot bare the insane amount of rattling I get from the trunk area. I ense that it is the trunk deck rattling against the glass, but I cant be too sure. Anyone know of any solutions for this???

·
Registered
2006 Subaru STi
296 Posts
Check some of the sound-damping threads on here?

a combination of sound damping mats (e.g. DynoMat, i used Noico from Amazon) and MLV (mass loaded vinyl) probably will likely do you do a bunch of good on the rear deck...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I had this issue, and mostly fixed it by getting some Garage door sealant tape from Home depot and putting it under anything that touches the trunk lid.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Do you know if it’s the trunk area or is it possible it’s the rear deck lid? “The plastic cover that sits in the cabin above the rear seat.” On all my cars when I’ve installed subs this is usually the problem area. The best fix I’ve found for this is going to a hobby store EX: Michael’s,Hobby Lobby ect. And buying some “White Cotton Batting or Poli-Fil “ .” It looks like the stuff they fill stuffed animals 🧸 with.”take it and stuff the Poli-Fil in between the rear deck lid and the aluminum support underneath it. Just enough to fill up the tiny amount of play that is causing the rattling. You can usually stuff it in through the holes under the deck lid in the trunk area. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts