IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be in quite a little bind now. While I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of the STI, it seems that its release date is going to put me into a bit of a bind. In preperation of getting the STI I went ahead and put my BMW on the market, for slightly above what I wanted, and what a trade in would give me, thinking that getting it out there early might let some people think over time. Well, someone bit on it, waaay early, and picked it up this past weekend. So that leaves me with my other "car" which is really not the best DD in the world (7-8MPG)... So, running through $30 in gas every 5-6 days doesn't look like the best option in my mind, but the STI is so far away. My question to the list: Should I bite the bullet and pay the gas (wear and tear on the truck too) and hold out for the STI, or go out and find a '03 WRX or wait the shorter time for the '04 WRX?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Where have all the Worms gone?

All good things come to those who wait! I would wait. I drove a truck that got mileage likethat for quite some time. It hurts the wallet for a while, but if you bought a WRX now to "tide you over" you would take a much bigger hit trying to dump it for an STI.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
If you are honestly asking yourself that question....I don't think you need an STi. No offense....really.....but wow. I'm prepared to give my left testicle for this vehicle at *crosses fingers* any cost under $35k.

If you are really concerned with the money, go buy a used car for $4-5K and then sell it after you get the STi.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i understand your dilemma man, but i would wait it out or find some kinda cheap-o car that gets decent gas milage to use in the interim. don't settle for less.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yep. You can get old Civics for like under a grand that should just about last you until your STi arrives. That's what I would do in your position. And when you are driving that POS, just know that in just 3-4 months you are going to have the envy of the car-world (or one of them) :)

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
I'm prepared to give my left testicle for this vehicle at *crosses fingers* any cost under $35k.
Ouch. Sorry, but no car in my mind is worth either nut :-? :eek:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
91TB78 said:
Hold out for sure.
ditto. what he and others have said.

in april ' 02, i totaled my dearly departed 91 se-r. i was pissed off, not so much as loosing my the first car i ever purchased new, but that now i had to figure out what to do given the sti was due in early '03. i *briefly* considered a motorcycle but realized i wouldn't live to see the sti. i seriously considered buy or leasing a wrx. i came to my senses, hit autotrader.com and bought a '91 nx for a little over $2k. it's a car i've always like/wanted (under the skin it's exactly an se-r) and it has t-tops; *love 'em*. the car was cheap and lots of fun to drive. i'll keep it after getting the sti. y'know, for those warm sunny spring/fall days when driving is 100% more enjoyable without a roof over your head. (i think clonegts would concur with that. :) )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts