IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Price Alert!!!

would i have to change my transmission if i were to get my impreza up to 800 horsepower?

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
mats

My guess is no. Easystreet Motorsports created a 740 HP WRX w/o a tranny change, and the STi's tranny is a lot beefier so I'd imagine you wouldn't have a problem. What mods are you planning to do??

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you get your Imprezza over 800HP, I will high 5 you for having the highest HP Imprezza in the world. I would also buy you a new transmission because you would def need one. Then I will kick your ass for being stupid.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
wgknestrick said:
If you get your Imprezza over 800HP, I will high 5 you for having the highest HP Imprezza in the world. I would also buy you a new transmission because you would def need one. Then I will kick your ass for being stupid.
That is not a nice thing to say. :roll:

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
tony rigoli who builds ESX engine who is based in aust, his wrx that run [email protected] in the ¼ is suppose to be good for almost 1000hp @ crank... also snowboard, are u referring to the red one that drags? because its got an auto tranny in it, not a manual...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I still think that the Aus spec STI/WRX that holds the record has <800Hp. It has the record because the GC8's weigh much less than a US spec WRX.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
wgknestrick said:
I still think that the Aus spec STI/WRX that holds the record has <800Hp. It has the record because the GC8's weigh much less than a US spec WRX.
it was dominique rigoli(tonys son) who actually quoted this car to be around 1000hp. he built it and drove it...

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
eatV8 said:
... also snowboard, are u referring to the red one that drags? because its got an auto tranny in it, not a manual...
Really? Where does it say this? I believe you are mistaken. There is a drag WRX with an Auto tranny, but it's not the ESX one, nor is it even red:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0301tur_ej20/

"Additional mods include an ESX exhaust system, a five-gallon fuel cell and a TRP Dog Box five-speed tranny."

Plus, the shift knob in the pic doesn't look like an auto tranny one either.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
ride along

thats the same car... that was back when it was running only mid 10's and Turbo mag claim there of fastest EJ20 is wrong, since tony rigoli run a 10.02 b4 the first wrx was even released here in the usa, but anyway... heres the link to the updated specs of the car... now best et of 9.75
http://www.rigoliracing.com.au/esx_wrx.html

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
sorry, i didnt really make myself clear... i should have typed in there that yes it used to have a dog box, but was later changed to the auto. i always forget to put in things that help it make sence.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
eatV8 said:
sorry, i didnt really make myself clear... i should have typed in there that yes it used to have a dog box, but was later changed to the auto. i always forget to put in things that help it make sence.
Ahh. Thanks for clearing that up :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts