IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Re: Trackwerks/Corentco Racing's 2011 WRB STi Sedan DD/track build

Great call on the PF01's. I love the way they look and the 18x9+45 weighed under 19lbs when I put them on a calibrated scale.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
They are nice and light for sure. Tomorrows alignment day and I think it's going to get aggressive. Looking for -3.0 front camber, -2.5 rear camber, 7+ caster, but undecided on a little toe or not.

Open to suggestions ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Alignment complete and here are the number.

-2.98 left frt -3.0 right frt
-1/32 toe -1/32 toe
7.29 caster

-2.5 left rear -2.5 right rear
0.0 toe 0.0toe

Pretty happy with the solid numbers, but my Vorshlag top hats got marked up pretty good. They were prying on them and the aluminum took a little beating.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts

That is a lot of rear camber. Let me know how that works out for you.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
That is a lot of rear camber. Let me know how that works out for you.
Will do. The track tires state -3 is optimal and -2.5 is a good compromise for speed vs. longevity. Car felt great on the drive home, but I was only able to push it twice in the bends.

As soon as I get some seat time on the track I'll post my impressions.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts

I'm with Law. Many of us only run around -1.5 to -1.8 degrees.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

Another update

GT Spec front and mid brace have been on the car now for 2 weeks and the difference is noticeable. The front end is significantly stiffened up and my sway bars have stopped clunking every time I turn the steering wheel at low speeds. :D Great mod on the GH/GR chassis IMO. Turn in is very direct and more feed back through the steering wheel. All positive.

Decided to change a few exterior parts and I picked up the S205/S206 side markers and the rear fog lamp. The rear fog lamp is setup as a fourth brake light for the moment, not sure if I'm going to modify this later though. Maybe switched with strobe for track days. I also wanted to test wrapping the silver trim above the rear license plate and went flat black. Here are some pics:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

Had a few new parts show up this week to help get ready for the track. My Stoptech stainless steel brake lines had been in my tool chest for almost 7 months and I needed to grab some extra ATE Super Blue for the change, just in case. I had decided to buy the Motive Power bleeder system and some of the matching catch cans to make it easier and a 1 man job.

The factory lines had seen 20K of Canadian weather and were a PITA to get off. I use my flare wrenches, but was starting to round off the nuts on the factory hard lines, so out came the vise-grips. Should have done it in the first place and there would have been minimal damage.

The Motive power bleeder kit included the Ford 3 tab adapter and it was a little tough to get on, but had it within 10 mins tight and 100% sealed. I pumps it up to 15 psi prior to doing the brake fluid swap/bleed and double checked the new lines to made sure the system was sealed and ready to go.

The system was nicely sealed and there was next to no drop in pressure. I poured in a full litre of the ATE Super Blue into the power bleeder and pressurized the system to 13psi then started the bleed sequence per the Subaru manual. 20 mins later and with next to no mess thanks to the Motive catch cans the pedal was firm and ready for the track. The factory brake fluid and ATE Super Blue are different consistencies and there was a small amount of the factory fluid left in the master cylinder so I used a kitchen style baster to remove all of the unwanted fluid and filled it back up with the left over ATE Super Blue.

All in all I use 750ml of fluid and the job was extremely easy using the Motive products. They were worth the money for sure.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)

A few more goodies that I forgot.

Project Mu Club Racer brake pads (CR09) and a new brain bucket with blue iridium shield. :cool:

·
Registered
5,106 Posts

Nice, the Motive power bleeder is a must have imho :D

I also had just 1 of the brake lines start to strip with my flare wrench and probably looks just as bad as yours :D
I need to find an adapter for the Motive unit that can fit on my s2000 reservoir. What was the trouble getting the adapter attached? Mine screws right on (just have to apply a little downward pressure while turning :) )

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

Nice, the Motive power bleeder is a must have imho :D

I also had just 1 of the brake lines start to strip with my flare wrench and probably looks just as bad as yours :D
I need to find an adapter for the Motive unit that can fit on my s2000 reservoir. What was the trouble getting the adapter attached? Mine screws right on (just have to apply a little downward pressure while turning :) )
I had this exact issue with the motive bleeder. Took a good 5 minutes to get it on. Required much more applied force than the stock cap. At first I was convinced I had the improper cap...but stubborn persistance prevailed...and I got it on.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts

Strange... Maybe I had an issue but just don't remember it :D haha That is definitely possible.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)

I had this exact issue with the motive bleeder. Took a good 5 minutes to get it on. Required much more applied force than the stock cap. At first I was convinced I had the improper cap...but stubborn persistance prevailed...and I got it on.
It was the applied force initially required to get the Motive cap on. I've tried it since I bleed the brakes and it seems easier for some reason, but might just be the fact that I'm getting use to it though. Absolutely love it, my brakes are perfect and it was so easy.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

Here's a few shots of me test fitting the wheels, getting ready for the multiple lapping events coming up in a few weeks.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts

They look ready to rock! My first lapping day this year is end of May I think. I was going to do one this month but am going to be in Brazil for 15 days on business trip.

Will you be running a GoPro? Gotta get some videos up, let me know how the alignment settings go with the tyres.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
They look ready to rock! My first lapping day this year is end of May I think. I was going to do one this month but am going to be in Brazil for 15 days on business trip.

Will you be running a GoPro? Gotta get some videos up, let me know how the alignment settings go with the tyres.
I'll be running my GoPro Hero 2 on all on the lapping days and during the gentleman's racing series potentially.

The alignment is very track oriented and I've noticed camber thrust from time to time on the factory rubber, but nothing crazy. It should be great for these meaty tires.

I'll post ups video as soon as I can and give you my feelings on the alignment settings after I get through the first lapping session.

Have fun in Brazil, I'm sure you're anxious get back on the track and enjoy your sweet ride.

61 - 80 of 182 Posts