IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big thanks to Josh, Geoff and Simon from Trackwerks for helping me get together parts for my Track specific GRV build.

List of mods to date:

Performance/Engine:

Tonik Protune/Cobb AP V3
Crawford AOS
Cobb SF
Invidia catted DP
Invidia Q300 SS tipped
Cobb BCS
Cobb XLE BPV, full recirculation
DW65C 265lph fuel pump
Tomei EL header w. uppipe
Killer B oil pan, baffle and pickup
Killer B radiator shroud
Killer B Oil control valve (vector valve)
Eneos 5w 40 full synthetic
Mishimoto oil cooler
Blouch Dominator 1.5 XT-R , 10cm, 2.4"inlet, ceramic coated hot side
2.4" Perrin turbo inlet
Perrin turbo blanket
Deatschwerks 1000cc injectors
TIC TGV Deletes
Cosworth FMIC w. custom intake
Bully Stage 2 Clutch
Rallispec Forged Race Shortblock
Aquamist HFS-4 w. Howerton twin tank

Suspension/chassis:

Eibach 25mm/22mm sway bars
Kartboy Endlinks frt/rear
KW Variant 3 coilovers w. custom spring rates
Vorshlag Front Camber plates
STi group N rear top hats
Whiteline steering rack bushings
Whiteline rear diff bushings
Whiteline roll center/bump steer correction kit
Whiteline lateral braces
Whiteline rear Sway supports
Whiteline Control arm brace
Whiteline positive shift kit
STi group N engine mounts
STi group N transmission mount
Beatrush Pitchmount
Beatrush rear differential tension bar
Beatrush Frt/Rear Tow hooks
GTSpec Front brace
GTSpec Mid brace
GTSpec Back brace
Cusco rear adjustable LCA's
Cusco front upper strut bar

Brakes:

HP+ pads street
Project Mu club racer CR09 - track
Hawk DCT-70 track
DBA5000 cryogenically frozen frt. rotors
ATE Super Blue Fluid
Stoptech SS brake lines
Grimmspeed Master cylinder brace
Custom Brake cooling kit

Interior:

Pioneer BT300 series deck
JDM double Din kit
Cobb knob - blue
TWM short shifter w. Kartboy frt/rear bushings
Black Alcantara w. red thread shifter and parking brake boots
Defi boost gauge
Defi oil pressure gauge
SMY dual gauge pod
Prova Si Knob
Prova D Shape Steering Wheel

Exterior:

Debadged rear, except STi
Nokya yellow 9005 daytime bulbs
Red pin striped front grill
Rally Pig on drivers side mirror
Rally Armor mud flaps - blue lettering
Tint
Upgraded HID Lights - complete factory setup with upgrade Phillips bulbs - Thx Prolightz!!!
Enkei PF01 18" x 9" - Matte Black Wheels
FFD Evo2 18" x 10 - Gun Metal Wheels
275/35 R18 Continental series slicks - track
275/35 R18 Bridgestone RE760 Sport tires - Street
245/40 R18 Nitto NT-05 - Street
Perrin shorty antenna
STi front lip
STi S205/S206 side markers
STi Rear fog lamp - 4th brake light setup

Ottawa/Gatineau International Auto Show with Varis Carbon kit (temporary)

Meat & Potatoes

On the street - Sleeper

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Re: Corentco's 2011 WRB STi sedan build

Bout time you get a journal. Throw in a small pic on the side so your car gets more views :)

Ken

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Quick update.

After installing the RCE yellows on the car this past weekend and snapping some of the pics above, I was able to get an alignment first thing this morning. Initial impressions are yes the car is slightly stiffer than the factory 2011 setup, the turn in responce is better/more direct, there's no leaning/but you can feel corner weighting as you loaded the springs and new found stability = driver confidence in the corners. The car handles quite a bit better and has a nice stance (roughly 3/8"-1/2" drop). Highly recommend these on factory bits w. a good set of sways.

Can't wait for the GTWorx/Bilsteins! Great stuff RCE (Myles) and thanks to Jason (really knows his stuff) and the folks at Dales Motorsports in Canada.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Looks great man! The only thing I would suggest is the R205 fender badges- seems like it would really bring the grill and window tint together? Have you thought of that or?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Looks great man! The only thing I would suggest is the R205 fender badges- seems like it would really bring the grill and window tint together? Have you thought of that or?
I had. The local shop had a set in their display case a few months back, but at the time I wasn't sure of how they'd look. I believe I'll have revisit the badges as they stand out for sure.

Thanks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: *updated Nov 27th* Corentco's 2011 WRB STi sedan build

Thought I should post an update as its been a while and there has been quite a bit of work that's been down over the past few weeks.

I started down the path of replacing the bushings 1 by 1 and found ever change made a significant difference. Whiteline's steering rack bushings made a huge difference in steering feel and turn in. The STi group N tranny mount with the Whiteline positive tranny bushings made rev matching shifts have a more direct/responsive feel. The STi group N engine mounts are allowing more power/loading to the road. The rear diff bushings and support make the rear end feel extremely planted. I can't believe I'm back on the stock suspension setup with winter tires and the car feels so good right now. Just phenomenal overall outcome.

Due to having the lift the engine to install the engine mounts, I decided to tackle the oil pan, pickup and baffle at the same time. Just for reference the engine mounts are extremely difficult to replace while the engine is still installed. I don't recommend this install to someone as a DIY if your not mechanically savvy. The pan went in quite well and the build quality is top notch. The Killer Bee stuff is gorgeous. Just a few notes,the factory pan is very thin walled and the liquid gasket used by Subaru bonds really well, so you need to finess it off if your going to reuse the factory pan.....I wasn't worried as I was installing a new one and had to damage the OE unit a bit to get off.

Oil pan/baffle/pickup install pictures:

I've updated my original post with products and pictures above.

Big thanks to Josh, Geoff and Simon from Trackwerks for helping with parts for the build.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Re: *updated Nov 27th Killer Bee oil pan, plus bushi* Corentco's 2011 WRB STi sedan b

Quick question for you, sir. I'm doing motor mounts and the same KillerB parts next weekend. How did you go about supporting the engine with the oil pan off? Or did you do the mounts, then the pan, or vice versa?

I see you removed the exhaust manifolds. Did you find it was required or just made it easier? Did you reuse your manifold gaskets?

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Ah another Trackwerks STi. I look forward to the progression :tup:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Re: *updated Nov 27th Killer Bee oil pan, plus bushi* Corentco's 2011 WRB STi sedan b

Ah another Trackwerks STi. I look forward to the progression :tup:

I second the motion...

You're in good hands --> TrackWerks :tup:

I'm sure I'll meet yea @ some point :cool:

Lovin' the pics... keep them comin' :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quick question for you, sir. I'm doing motor mounts and the same KillerB parts next weekend. How did you go about supporting the engine with the oil pan off? Or did you do the mounts, then the pan, or vice versa?

I see you removed the exhaust manifolds. Did you find it was required or just made it easier? Did you reuse your manifold gaskets?
Mounts first then the oil pan.

After removing the top mount intercooler, pitch mount and upper rad brackets and removing the lower nuts on the OE mounts, I raised the car by jacking the OE oil pan enough that the bottom bolt for the mounts were above the supports then changed them out for the group N pieces prior to putting on the killer B parts. I had the car on ramps and a stand under the tranny as a safety. After the engine mounts were installed I reversed the nuts on the bottom of the new mounts to keep the engine up high enough to get those back four bolts. Here's a picture of how it looked.

You don't need to remove the exhaust to get the OE pan off, but when I was trying to dry fit the killer B pan it interfered with the drivers side/mid section. I removed them to make sure it was an easy fit and my liquid gasket (used Permatex right stuff instant gasket) lined up nicely. Not sure if it would have fit otherwise, but it only took 15 mins to remove the required manifold sections. I did reuse my manifold, just double checked it for leaks when I fired it back up again. No issues.

Hope this helps and good luck. The OE pan took a little while to remove, but I made sure to damage it rather then the block.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I second the motion...

You're in good hands --> TrackWerks :tup:

I'm sure I'll meet yea @ some point :cool:

Lovin' the pics... keep them comin' :D
Look forward to meeting you, your car looks amazing. I'll be supporting the shop next summer at some of the track events.

Great bunch of guys that have really been a big supporter of our brand as of late. Highly recommend them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: *updated Nov 27th Killer Bee oil pan* Corentco's 2011 WRB STi sedan build

Thanks for posting the pics! Car looks great!!! :tup:
Thanks Chris! Your oil combo (pan, pickup and baffle) fit perfectly. Very well designed/made pieces, almost hate to cover them all up. With the radiator and alternator shroud already in my engine bay, all I'm missing is your header and I'd "bee" using all of you stuff.

Great products man. :tup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: *updated Nov 27th Killer Bee oil pan* Corentco's 2011 WRB STi sedan build

Just noticed something. Why did you pull the radiator brackets?
Just to allow the radiator to move freely. It pulled backwards (towards the engine) a bit when I had the engine jacked up. There are stresses on the upper and lower hoses when the engine is lifted to the required height and this relieves some of it as the rad can tilt as the engine moved upwards and slightly towards the firewall. It was recommend in the service manual when jacking the engine, but not removing it. It's two 12mm bolts if memory server me right and 10 secs. Better safe than sorry IMO.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts