IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of RA1's for the track. Was out yesterday and overall the tire was decent, but did not feel as confidence inspiring as the Nitto Nt01 I had previously. I think it must be tire pressure. I was running cold pressure of 40f and 35R. What is everyone elses experience with this? My pressures when hot were 47F and 42R. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any other experience??

·
Registered
523 Posts
I come off the track after a cool down lap and my pressure is about 39-40 so I think my hot temp is right around 42. I start at 35 psi cold.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Adjust hot pressures as soon as you come off the track. I aim for 40 hot, but experienced racers tell me anywhere from 39 to 41 is fine. Toyo says to aim for hot pressures in the "low 40's." 47 is completely outside their operating range. They will not last under any kind of sustained, hard lapping at that pressure.

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,432 Posts
I shoot for 40 hot all around. In my 944 on a 94 degree day i started with 32psi cold and after a full session and a cool down they were a perfect 40. you will have to adjust your cold pressure some in the front as they will get really hot depending on the course layout and them driving and steering.

your going to have to play with them a little but i hear they are as good as the NT-01's. i have never been on the nittos so i have no idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts