IW STi Forum banner

Towing

3K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  Zeeshankhan 
#1 ·
I knew that you had to tow AWD vehicles with all wheels on or off the ground, but I just noticed something else. You are supposed to set the DCCD all the way back. This is open mode right?

WRX-STI
STI vehicles with 6 Speed Manual Transmissions can be towed with all four wheels on the ground and the transmission in neutral. In addition, STI vehicles with 6 Speed Manual Transmissions require that the Driver's Control Center Differential (DCCD) is set in manual mode and the DCCD control dial set to the furthest rearward position.

#7 ·
fourseasonsandles said:
I just saw an episode of the peoples court about an all wheel drive vehicle (I didnt catch what) was towed by the front wheels and caused $3000 worth of tranny damage. The towing company said "they didnt know" you couldnt tow an all wheel drive vehicle by just the front wheels..

and i bet they paid for it

#12 ·
I think if my car ever got towed with out my knowledge I would have it flat bedded to a dealer to analyze the AWD system. Any damage would result in a lawsuit. Too many idiots out there.

#16 ·
Can you imagine the damage? It would probably be a very expensive mistake for a towing company to make. They make a few hundred from the tow and have to pay back almost $4k-$6k, plus labour, plus loss of use.

#19 ·
Hehe i lost my keys.. and they had to flat bed it for 61 miles with the alarm going off :) blinking and flashing and beebing the Whole way .. LOL .. At least the tow truck driver was a nice guy had some fun talks .. about how us to repo cars and this would be happing the whole way and he would get pulled over by a cop lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.