IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on these colors? blue/gold is the classic combo for this car, but the silver/silver looks so darn good, and supposedly it's low maintenance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got Blue/Gold. Heck, this is a car based on Subaru's WRC and SCCA Pro Rally heritage so the color choice was easy for me. If it doesn't look like WRC car, I didn't want it.

In the end, all the colors are great so have fun choosing and let us know when you get your car.

M

·
0 Posts
When i first pre-ordered, I requested white/gold. But after seeing a silver/silver in person I knew that's what I wanted. I got silver / silver and I do not regret it at all,

All colors look sweet in person, so you can't mess up.

Look Here If you want to see mah car, :) www.semi-conscio.us/sti.php

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
be daring and do Silver/Gold. Looks nice on WRX's.... :D

BTW, that is a friends car with my P1's from my old WRB WRX.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Its personal preference but any color combo is sweet. Just go with your instinct, or whichever you can get first ;)

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Well, with the supply of MY04 STis only getting shorter, you will find it increasingly harder to locate a WRB/G color combination. You may want to look into that before you decide you can't live without that combination. ;)

I'm picking up my PS/S either Monday or Tuesday. . . trading in my Satin Silver Metallic Civic in for it. I have come to love silver for a few reasons:

1. It's a classic color. VERY hard to go wrong with it
2. It's not as flashy as some colors, less unwanted attention
3. Much easier to keep clean than many other colors
4. Tends to hide scratches a bit better than most colors
5. Tint looks BADASS on a silver car. :p
6. The girls love it. ;)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: Wheel Torque

kg said:
Any thoughts on these colors? blue/gold is the classic combo for this car, but the silver/silver looks so darn good, and supposedly it's low maintenance.
I like them both, but coming from a black car which was ridiculous maintenance I chose silver. I think the wheels just need to be jazzed up a bit. I'm going to have them powdercoated over the winter in something darker. I have bronze SDRs on now and you can't see any brake dust, the car is truly low maintenance : )

-st

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for your insights. I too saw the silver/silver in person and was wow'ed. It looked so 'clean' On the other hand, the blue is of course the WRC Subaru color, and the silver wheels go so well with the silver calipers :) LOL... dunno, it'll be a hard choice. I haven't seen the blue/blue up close (only in traffic) so I think I'll wait til I see one. Anybody in the Washington DC area with one?

thanks again

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kg said:
Thanks all for your insights. I too saw the silver/silver in person and was wow'ed. It looked so 'clean' On the other hand, the blue is of course the WRC Subaru color, and the silver wheels go so well with the silver calipers :) LOL... dunno, it'll be a hard choice. I haven't seen the blue/blue up close (only in traffic) so I think I'll wait til I see one. Anybody in the Washington DC area with one?

thanks again
oops, I meant to say, the gold wheels go so well with the gold calipers.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have silver/silver and I love it. The gold calipers contrast nicely. Since the color of the car is relatively 'quiet', the gold stands out through the silver rims in an unassuming and authoritative way. Almost everyone I've showed my car to has commented on how massive the brakes were.

·
Registered
10 Posts
abingdon VA, got 1 sti NOW

I'll put it to you this way...My dealer said he will discount a blue or black sti $300 but not the white or silver. Lots of blue out there. Blue looks nice but you might get tired of it after a while. I had a speed yellow porsche and after 6 months it got old. I have silver/gold and it looks SICK.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't seen silver/gold, but the silver/silver looks awesome. Got pics of silver/gold?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think color isnt a priority after you have driven the car and loved it so much like me. although i did purchase blue/gold! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts