IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got back yesterday from Topspeed, and once again Doug worked his magic. with my new gt30r setup i made 418whp and 415ftlbs at only 20.5 psi... this is after he had to back it down because it was throwing timing at higher rpm's...anyway everything went swell and the car pulls like a freight train. we did have one or two problems that were minor including the car wasnt strapped down good on the dyno and it shook a little...and the stock bpv leaked at 18psi...so we crushed it and it is holding 20.5 psi now!!! the only thing weird about the car is the idle...it idle hunts after a few minutes sitting still...but there is nothing you can do about that...i know perrin big maf intakes are bad for rough idle sometimes so hey...the maf gets a little confused. anyway i just want to say how great Doug and all the guys at topspeed are, and btw if youre down there anytime soon ask chris to crank his 1??? hp supra....:eek: ....big hks cams slamming against a ferrera valvetrain is awesome.

so ill post pics of the finished install as soon as i get my camera back from my buddy and a dyno sheet.

-corey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
890 Posts
Awesome, post up a dyno sheet too when you get a chance. What hotside did you go with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
STimo said:
Awesome, post up a dyno sheet too when you get a chance. What hotside did you go with?
i went with the .82 and i am very glad...it made 418.8 at like 4600rpm and at 6800 it was still making 410....:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
628 Posts
I assume this is on straight pump and no water/meth?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Excellent, its posts like this one I look for everyday.....another satisfied gt30r owner. What is your take on spoolup and in boost response?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,488 Posts
If dynos count as pictures then TTIWWOP!!! We need dynos. Let us see the boost and AFR ratios as well. THe mor einfo the merrier. Nice numbers. My supercharged mustang tossed up 416 whp, so I know what that sort of fun those HP levels are. Good luck with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
Excellent numbers! Doug is a fantastic tuner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
those are some great numbers! not sure if everyone knows, but TopSpeed is a dealer for Ultimate-Racing, so before you guys buy a perrin kit give Tray a call.

btw, it's Clark with the Supra, not chris. 1000whp+ is not friendly to teh sphincter!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
I'll be ordering a GT30R kit today. Post up the dyno pretty please!

Also wanted to verify gas. 93 with no meth right? Stock block?

I'm going with 93+meth and forged pistons. Shooting for 420-450whp. Your dyno gives me hope. I was planning on being at 24psi :)

Full mod list please.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,267 Posts
Sounds like a beast... add some meth into that equation ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
awdmonsta said:
I'll be ordering a GT30R kit today. Post up the dyno pretty please!

Also wanted to verify gas. 93 with no meth right? Stock block?

I'm going with 93+meth and forged pistons. Shooting for 420-450whp. Your dyno gives me hope. I was planning on being at 24psi :)

Full mod list please.
yes it was 93 only no meth or water
stock block, heads, cams, etc....and stock clutch...for now:D

perrin gt30r kit, with up, dp, tial 44mm, and intake
perrin fmic
perrin ebcs
walbro 255
pe 850cc's
stock sti bpv...crushed

thats it!!!

and sorry about the mix up i thought it was chris with the supra...it is clark...anyway its SICK

and yea i would call trey before i got perrin...ulitmate just released the t3-t04 kit and its supposed to be awesome...gt35 power gt30 price...cant beat it!

-corey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
ImprezivSTi04 said:
yes it was 93 only no meth or water
stock block, heads, cams, etc....and stock clutch...for now:D

perrin gt30r kit, with up, dp, tial 44mm, and intake
perrin fmic
perrin ebcs
walbro 255
pe 850cc's
stock sti bpv...crushed

thats it!!!

and sorry about the mix up i thought it was chris with the supra...it is clark...anyway its SICK

and yea i would call trey before i got perrin...ulitmate just released the t3-t04 kit and its supposed to be awesome...gt35 power gt30 price...cant beat it!

-corey
Yeah I saw the post on that kit. But I don't like the powerband. And since I have a Perrin FMIC, the Perrin GT30R would be good for me because it will bolt right up. And the new kit isn't ball bearing. I don't think it's for me.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top