IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
My current STi is a limited with just the lip spoiler but I like the wing too and I’m not in my 20s lol. Wing is part of the STi identity and a winged trunk set up would be on my mod list. I had both a winged and non winged trunk at the same time for my 07 STi and my 11 STi and I could swap out trunks in like 10 minutes. I will say I drove around wingless 80% of the time.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
up to you. all depends on what you want from the car, if you are talking oem wing, i personally like it. although for the va chassis i like the lip spoiler with the perrin add on thing...not sure what it's called...gurney flap i think

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good ol' Wing Anxiety, weird how Porsche drivers don't get wing anxiety like we do, do the CTR guys take their wings off? I like the wing, hate the random idiot that it attracts. I have taken mine off several times over the years, mostly just to see if I liked the looks of it better and as an experiment to see if drivers acted different without it.

I'm almost 50 years old now and just wing it. I think it looks better with the wing as it really ties all the body lines together. Without the wing the car looks unbalanced in my eye, the trunk is way too short. I'm not a fan of the larger duckbills and really think it screams 20's something flatbill vaper bro, I like the OEM lip spoiler much better.

Earlier STI generations with the OEM Wing look classic to me and I never think its a stupid kid driving. As the VA chassis ages, this will be the case too.

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
930 Posts
Too wing? Naw I think the STi wing is small enough for a street car.
If it was WRC style it might look too big but as it sits it's tasteful enough for a 'limited sport trim'.

·
Registered
2021 WRX STI
208 Posts
IMO wheels make a big difference on whether or not the wing looks good. I was full anti-wing so I deleted it with stock wheels. Then, I got wheels and though It'd look better with the wing back on. Threw it back on and confirmed, with a nice wide set of wheels/tires it looks better with wing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have no wing...but have always wanted the OEM color matched.

I think I'm going to skip and just go full aftermarket like ARP. I've seen it on a couple CWP and it looks pretty dope in pictures. It is also massive, so it would be nice to see it in person first though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts