IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do you all get retarded amount of ads on IWSTI? I don't mind the banners here and there but I get this stupid pop-ups on my lower right hand of the browser that I can't opt out of every time I read a thread. I don't get it anywhere else but IWSTI.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
is it just me or do you all get retarded amount of ads on iwsti? I don't mind the banners here and there but i get this stupid pop-ups on my lower right hand of the browser that i can't opt out of every time i read a thread. I don't get it anywhere else but iwsti.
qft...

·
Registered
548 Posts
Is it just me or do you all get retarded amount of ads on IWSTI? I don't mind the banners here and there but I get this stupid pop-ups on my lower right hand of the browser that I can't opt out of every time I read a thread. I don't get it anywhere else but IWSTI.
Agree 1000%; it's actually quite annoying...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's few bucks I need to pay to get rid of ads and support community, I would. I was just making sure that it was IWSTI's site and not a general internet commercial webware shit that downloaded on my computer without me knowing.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
i was seeing non automotive ads on the site that were mirroring sites and products i had been looking online for. i think there is a google setting to toggle that off.

btw, this is in the wrong section.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
i was seeing non automotive ads on the site that were mirroring sites and products i had been looking online for. i think there is a google setting to toggle that off.

They are probably Google Adsense ads that are re-targeting based on your cookies.

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts
I can tell you that I have not changed anything on our end, but it appears one of the ad providers has implemented this new ad. I was already in the process of reviewing how we monetize the site including for guests and registered members. It takes a lot to maintain a site of this size so really do appreciate all of the support from premium and contributing members.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
I'm actually looking into supporting the site. How active is the platinum forum?
can't tell you until you learn the secret handshake.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what's the secret handshake? lol TBH, i mainly lurk around forums mainly reading other posts. But if there are awesome threads in platinum only forums, i'm in!

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
what's the secret handshake? lol
you back into eachother cheek to cheek and reach behind you as far as you can with both hands. whatever happens after that is your own business. we make no judgements.

TBH, i mainly lurk around forums mainly reading other posts. But if there are awesome threads in platinum only forums, i'm in!
not to speak for kevin, but the biggest reason to go platinum is to support the comunity and the site and to receive the other benefits of platinum membership; not the threads, necessarily. the motherload of info is on the main site.

by becoming platinum, you'll also have more input into the site itself. kevin frequently asks our opinions on changes and improvements. it's a big step up from lurking. it's worth it and you'll be doing something positive.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts

Yes its called Ad remarketing. Most companies use Google Adsense and Adwords. When you visit a page you will acquire a cookie which companies use to track you with.

Ads themselves you will never turn off, what you can turn off is them being based on your interests. So they'll just be general ads instead of something you looked for in the past.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts