IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The unit is brand new, and it is being sold by a trusted seller.

So, for a ~$1,000 savings from MSRP, is the tradeoff that I wouldn't get warranty coverage if something were to go wrong with the unit?

It seems pretty simple to get a Z1 from eBay with a wiring harness pre-built, and just plug-n-play... but warranty seems to be an issue...

Any suggestions?

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
with electronics from ebay there is always a chance that it wont work or that something is wrong with it

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
e-bays units don't come with accessories from what I hear. go on avic411.com and research where to get the best price... I got mine from Abesofmaine.com

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, talked to a seller - $1,500 + shipping, includes a 90 day seller warranty, and a full year manufacturer's warranty.
The year manufacturer's warranty is what makes me nervous, since it's doubtful that this company is an authorized vendor. I'll look into it a bit more....

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
abesofmaine.com has it for cheaper I think.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Where'd you end up getting it and for how much?

...if you dont mind me asking...

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GTSJOE said:
you do know that with the avic you cant watch movies while driving
Actually you can.
Pre July '06, headlight flash or simple circuit will work.
Post July '06, ground two wires.

Ended up doing the eBay thing for everything. It's a risk that I was willing to take, considering the savings. I'm sure if I kept shopping around, I could have found an even better deal. But this vendor had a good reputation and was knowlegeable when answering questions. Aw well... hopefully it all works out.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Have a link to the eBay auction?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Indo Audio is not a good idea to deal with....I bought my 1st AVIC-N1 from them. They advertised it at brand new but sent me a refurb unit. It wouldn't read DVD's or CD's. I sent it back to them and they said 4-8 weeks for turnaround from Pioneer. They confirmed with me that they got it and everything was there. Time went by and 8 weeks was gone and e-mailed them about it and they said they weren't able to do anything with it b/c now all of a sudden parts are missing? Anyways went round and round with them for 9 months trying to get a refund or another unit. Once we had a lawyer contact them stating that if they didn't do anything we would be taking them to court they promptly sent me a brand new AVIC-N2.

The moral of the story be vary careful when buying on ebay even if they do have a "good reputation". On a side note check out the BBB site if you would like to see Indo Audio's true rating. I think its something like 40 complaints of cases just like mine.

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yeah, thanks. Me too! Well, we'll see what happens in the next little while.
Besides physically inspecting the unit, is there anything to look for in being able to tell whether the unit is refurbished or not?

edit: hmm, I searched Indo Audio and have read both rave reviews, and disgruntled reviews as well. It seems luck of the draw really.
I'm just going to be a really, really annoying customer... I'll have to be really clear on what I ordered....

·
3,274 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I know when I got my unit from them I noticed it was in a plain brown box not the one pictured and when I looked at the serial number on the unit itself it had a little red R with a circle around it stamped in front of the serial number.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts