IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new here. I currently have a '94 legacy turbo wagon and I'm thinking about getting an Sti. My concern is I'm 6'5" and leg room (specifically knee room) is tight to nonexistent in most cars I like. Head room isn't usually a problem in most cars. I can't drive my legacy for more than an hour without back & butt pain. Is there more room and/or better seats in the Sti? Any tall owners out there with real world opinions? I haven't had a chance to go look at one in person yet, but since the Impreza's a little smaller than the Legacy I'm not optimistic I'll fit. Thank you.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm 6'7", 270 lbs. The hip bolsters aren't the most comfortable thing I've ever experienced, but overall the seats are great. There is plenty of room for me in the car, as well as two passengers (one in the front, one behind the first). Last week I made the mistake of taking four people at work to lunch -- that's when the car felt too small.

I test drove a Z06 Vette last weekend. I have been told how good Vettes are for tall people, and so I was looking forward to it. Long story short, I barely fit, and was able to drive it ok, but I have quite a bit more room in the STi.

·
Registered
251 Posts
At 6'4, I can think of few sporty cars that fit better than the STi. Not having a sunroof really helps the headroom. Obviously if the 6'7 guy fits, you aren't going to have a problem. :lol:

Oddly enough, I found the Z4 fit me like a glove. Try it out. Just don't buy it -- sloooow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D Rode my bike down to the dealer today & sat in a blue one (already sold, only one they had). Plenty of leg room & the dash is shaped away from your knees. Plenty of head room too, but like I said that isn't usually a problem. It would appear Subaru is the only car company to realize that most cars have no backseat occupants & to bias the available room & seat travel to the front instead of making all 4 seats even yet tiny and cramped. Loved the interior & all the gadgets. The tires & brakes are bad ass looking! Me want!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
did you sit in it with your helmet? if you're gonna do any racing, you should make sure there isn't an issue. likely not, but it's one more excuse to go back to the dealer. ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
In with the new! WRB STi. Sacramento -NorCal Area

I am 6'3, 260 lbs.. and I feel right @ home in my STi. I have been on the road, on 3 different occassions, for more than an HOUR & a Half, and I felt very comfortable. No discomfort whatsoever. Leg room is good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks to Carter Subaru...

I just picked my STi up, I'm 6'6" about 195lbs.

Anyway Subaru's are about the only sporty cars I can fit in.. Hondas toyotas forget it.

I did have to put my seat all the way back and after a couple hours driving(I had a 5-6 hour drive back from the dealer) I had to tilt the wheel up to get more room for my righ knee but it fits me just fine.

There is one thing, there is no way anyone is going to be able to sit in the back seat behind me when I'm driving.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
daaaammmnn....some tall people on this thread! Are you all in the NBA or something? :wink:

·
Registered
347 Posts
SnowbordrWRX said:
daaaammmnn....some tall people on this thread! Are you all in the NBA or something? :wink:
If you had ever seen me play basketball, the NBA would be the last thing on your mind. The image of a bull in a china shop is pretty close...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm the runt of the family (brothers are 6'7", 6'3" and 6'2") and at a 'mere' 5'11" 190'ish the STi fits very well.

The side bolsters are not a problem nor is the head/leg room, however I find that after long trips (4+ hours with maybe 1 stop) my butt gets a little tired but really no worse than my previous cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts