61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Re: Tony's UGM STI - RIPCSK

A little update,

I've just did my transmission and diff fluids about 100 miles ago, 57 9xx miles
Shifts so much more smoother now. Wasn't too find doing it in a 10c ish garage, it was -15c or so out side and snowing lol. Dirty road snow slush and water dripping into eyes and mouth while under the car is always fun.

Removed and sold the catback (RM01A) this saturday :(

Oh well open downpipe and exhaustless for a little bit. My neighbours are going to be my best friends soon :)

- Bought couple new bling parts for my car among with a new exhaust. Can't wait for spring!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)

Great news! The Dacia Sandero is going on sale soon!

lol.

This isn't a good test or anything need more mileage to tell but, Far as I know. I'm not burning any more oil. Well least for the past 1000 miles and with some heavy foot going on. I used to burn oil driving normally. And boosting would just send out past the seals due to the pressure! The first 1000 miles I did burn about 1qt. So i'm hoping everything okay again.

Maybe this means stage 2 finally?:lol:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Re: Re: Tony's UGM STI - RIPCSK

What kind of oil did you use for the last change?

Still running open DP? lol
Been using amsoil signature series 5-30 for almost a year now. Was thinking of switching up to motul but i guess i dont have to now.

And no open downpipe back to stock for now. Figured you could use another half hour of sleep in the morning lol :p

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)

Looks like I still am :(. Did some pulls on the highway, Boosting for 20-30 seconds straight and legal 4th pull, I checked my oil and I'm down about 1/4 quart. I suspect it's my PCV valve stuck on open maybe? I assumed my IC has a bit of oil in it. Seems like everyone I pull my IC it has some.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

I need some advice..

Im looking to pick up some bushings. Tranny crossmembers to be exact.

Kartboy are $30 and tic/whiteline/etc are $50.

Are they all the same? Or does the others have something that the kartboy doesn't.

And 2nd
For my dailydriver is the Crawford air oil separator overkill? Or something like the grimspeed one will do good enough(i know on the track it can cause some trouble)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)

Just installed my JNA exhaust.

First impressions.

It actually louder than I expected and slightly louder than what I wanted to. I have noticed some slight drone.(in my opinion) Cabin is at least 10dba louder. Which can be annoying for people in the back seat. I love it. lol

Build quality is amazing for a $200 exhaust. Compared to my old Fujitsubo, I say 6/10.

Fitment was near spot on. No complaints on that

all in all. I would recommend this as a cheap backup/temporary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSbH2Ueplz4

Was really a quick video for me to see if i'm have a leak or not. I'll make another video later on with my photoshoot.:tup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIPHDIiHAwg at idle

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Re: Re: Tony's UGM STI - RIPCSK

Whats the ultimate plan exhaust wise?

Is our local forum broken again?
I was Thinking full titanium.

And yeah socom is down. Its a shame since it was slowly picking up again.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Re: Tony's UGM STI - RIPCSK - "300whp"

I was going through some old pictures and found this.

I got a good laugh. To be fair my intake temperature were close to -15c.

I'm pretty sure I'm at ~270whp/wtq with this tune. I sadly have dyno near me to confirm.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Re: Tony's UGM STI - RIPCSK - Needs opinion on tires

Looks like one of my tires is ready to blow out and now in the market for some.

Remember prices are in CDN and about $200 more expensive due to taxes, shipping, duty, custom and tire fees.

Bridgestone Potenza's RE070 (used) ~ 5/32 trend left 225/45/17 $400
Continental DW's (brand new) 245/40/17 $830
Hankook V12 EVO K110 (brand new) 245/40/17 $730

Not really comparable. Just trying to find some rubber drive on. Not really looking at track days or anything. Just spirited driving time to time. Mainly DD(Needs good wet and dry traction) Would love to get about 25-30k miles on at least.

DW because heard good things, and suited my needs.
V12 EVO cheap(er) heard they had softer sidewalls than the RE070 well, I probably should say it feels like a cloud compared to the RE070s, suited my needs.

RE070 because racecar, stock tires for the GTR. Looks like semi slicks for anyone who doesn't know them lol.

(still searching, STILL SEARCHING)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
Re: Tony's UGM STI - RIPCSK - Alignment Q's

Well decided on the DWs

But now i've considering getting RCE blacks to lose some of the wheel gap as well. Which means imma have to get an alignment

What do you guys recommend for DD?

I've found

0 out toe and -1.2f and which ever the rear happens to be(since there can't be adjust)? Or have both front and rear match?

I"m really just looking to keep my tires lasting long as possible. No track days. And i'll be on 245's

·
Registered
998 Posts

Zero toe and -1.2-1.5 all around should do you just fine. I haven't seen any camber wear on mine with a mix of DD and track with those settings.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

Thanks Nigel. Thinking of leaning to -1.4. A little of track performance and life.

Tires are on order right now! Can't wait for them to finally come in.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts