IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Re: Tony's UGM STI First little rally

Went off road today Did some rally like time events with the locals.

Throwing the under cover back on.

That's all I have out of my phone. I'll post more as the others photographers post theres.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Re: Tony's UGM STI - First rally cross!

Yeah, Also ate a pylon, look under my plate.. +2 seconds haha

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Haha yeah, It got hungry during mid play.

·
Registered
479 Posts

Is that all the snow you got this winter in manitoba???
Always thought abouy plowing thru the fields with mine when i lived there :p

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

haha Yes! that is actually.. Worst i've seen.

That was seriously one of the reasons I bought a sti. Being mr. snow plow. for my neighbours. lol

I should also mention that it a small village out side of my hometown.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Re: Tony's UGM STI - hit and run :(

Got into a little hit and run in a parking lot. Was at the library doing some homework. Came out and saw that. :(.. Super small, Not noticeable till your somewhat close. But still. :tdown:

The bumper is cracking at the bottom from a improper tow from the texas to canada.(previous owner)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Re: Tony's UGM STI - Plan B

Okay, Onto plan B. As some of you know. I ran my motor dry for a bit. I know there was still oil in the engine, When I added another 4 quarts, The oil was a darker on the dipstick.

I'm pretty sure there are some damages done. Unless I had about a quarts left and the oil pressure was high the whole time.

So if I do get a "cracked" ringland or anything with the car. I'm planning on doing a built motor. But is it worth the cost for me.

I'm looking at 350WHP and around the same with TQ. I will be autox it so It will take a beating. Or would forged pistons do?

Cosworth Short Block EJ25 79mm Billet Crank 9.2:1 CR Subaru STI 2004-2012 at RallySportDirect.com

I'm looking at about $12000 to my door. Customs, shipping, etc. I have a friend whos willing to help me mount and install the motor.

For what i'm doing. Is it worth it? Or just go with OEM and pay $3-4000

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Not worth it IMO. That's like killing a squirrel with a nuke.

There are much more affordable options that are better than OEM but cheaper than the cossie block.

Sent from my Revolution 4G using Taptalk.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts

Not worth it IMO. That's like killing a squirrel with a nuke.

There are much more affordable options that are better than OEM but cheaper than the cossie block.

Sent from my Revolution 4G using Taptalk.
Couldn't have said it better.

Way overkill for that. You can get a nice shortblock installed for $5-6k. No need to spend $12k+.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Yeah i'm going to peak reliability. Why I said a cossie block, only one that I know of and can think of at the moment. I'll keep looking into it. Any suggestions?

·
Boobs add 50 horsepower!
1,307 Posts
Just because your paying 12k for that block doesn't mean its better it safer.

Your over-paying for the cosworth name and they're more high HP racing applications. If you want reliability, just go to a shop and have them install forged pistons. I had 365/365 on a stock block with pistons and stock heads with cams.

12k can get you one hell of a motor at an independent shop... like EFI Logics. :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Yeah, for sure. It's usually not the block. its the owner. You can have the most expansive block in the world and still blow ringlands for being stupid.

I'll talk to efi about it, once i get my result back from subaru. Hopefully its fine or at the very least covered by the warranty. if not. Oh well. Got to pay to play :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Re: Tony's UGM STI - Plan B [update]

Took it to subaru and they said nothing was found in the oil. And will be putting me on the consumption test. If I find any consumption bring it and they will have a look at it. Got put on subaru oil. Specially designed for turbo charged engines. So It shouldn't be consuming much now.

got a quote for a compression test. $228 + taxes(12%) :(

·
Registered
3,383 Posts

Wow. Compression test is something you can do yourself. I'd never pay that much for one, it should be a third of that price.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Yeah. Why I opt out. I"m going to get it done with the locals. I know someone with a tester, a few beers and i'm good haha

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Yeah for sure. They want me in for every 1000 miles for 3000 miles If nothing changed. Then i'd be the luckiest 07 owner lol

·
Registered
411 Posts

I dont know of many shops in duh canada land Might have to go into suicide land and ask on nasioc... Get your flame suit on they will go Westboro Baptist Church on yo azz :(

21 - 40 of 130 Posts