IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be 37 in December. I pay 2500 a year on two cars for full coverage.
2011 STi sedan and 2006 Corolla - covered by AAA.

Oakland, California. I live in the hood.

I would like to know what you guys are paying and what city, state, tough hood or Beverly Hills?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'm 27. I own a 2011 STI sedan and 2011 Chevy Silverado 4x4. I pay 1850 a year for: both cars, renters insurance (32k coverage), and high value personal property insurance. However, I live in Missouri.

·
Registered
278 Posts
37. College Station, Texas. 2006 STi and 2007 Outlook. 1950/year full coverage on both. I have a CDL so no tickets for me. The wife on the other hand drives it like it's stolen and can't talk her way out of a paper bag. Almost got arrested after a shouting match with a moto cop about "profiling". :eek: really thought I'd have to bond her out that time. On the other had she was #1 in her run group and hit 125-130 on the front straight!:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll be 37 next month, for an 08 sti i pay 1300 a year. I'm in NJ, home of the highest auto ins rates, but I have a good record and i live in a descent but Highly congested area.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought this forum was for the young generations. Nice to see some of you in my age range!

·
Registered
572 Posts
35 and wife and I pay 475 every 6 mo for full coverage on '10 sti and '10 outlander, big deductible though

·
Registered
13,115 Posts
35, I pay $1000+-/year, live in the sticks, no infractions, 1 boo boo, comprehensive, $500 deductible.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm 33 and pay $1750 on 06 STI and 99 Civic. Also insured the performance parts and stereo as well. I'm out in Long Island, NY. Relatively nice area.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Thought this forum was for the young generations. Nice to see some of you in my age range!
Ditto.

34, 1500 a year for full coverage, 500 deductible - Geico

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Will be 37 in December. I pay 2500 a year on two cars for full coverage.
2011 STi sedan and 2006 Corolla - covered by AAA.

Oakland, California. I live in the hood.

I would like to know what you guys are paying and what city, state, tough hood or Beverly Hills?
38, paying 1800 for full coverage on an 08STI & a 06 Focus with 21st Century.
That's in San Jose, good zip code (i think), garaged parking & with <10,000 miles per year on each vehicle.
If you drive low mileage per year like me then talk with your insurance, they should be able to drop the rate, i remember mine dropped ~300 when i switched to a low mileage rate

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
^ I should really look into that. I live 5 miles from work. Even though it might not help that much. I average about 2 tickets a year :p

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I'm 33 and pay $1750 on 06 STI and 99 Civic. Also insured the performance parts and stereo as well. I'm out in Long Island, NY. Relatively nice area.
What insurance do you have? Im also on Long Island

Im 37 full coverage on my 2011 Sti $1800 per year with Travellers. Geico was slowly increasing and then a big jump last year so dropped them. My driving record is clean.

There is going to be so much variation depending on where you live.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am not quite 30 (i'm 28). I am from San Diego.
I pay $1775.70 every 6 months for 3 cars and 4 drivers. Lexus IS250, 07 STi, and 2003 Escape.

Haven't had an accident or ticket for over 10 years. knock on wood...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am not quite 30 (i'm 28). I am from San Diego.
I pay $1775.70 every 6 months for 3 cars and 4 drivers. Lexus IS250, 07 STi, and 2003 Escape.

Haven't had an accident or ticket for over 10 years. knock on wood...
Dude.... I hope your family members or whatsoever is helping out.
That's a lot of money.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
38, paying 1800 for full coverage on an 08STI & a 06 Focus with 21st Century.
That's in San Jose, good zip code (i think), garaged parking & with <10,000 miles per year on each vehicle.
If you drive low mileage per year like me then talk with your insurance, they should be able to drop the rate, i remember mine dropped ~300 when i switched to a low mileage rate
Yea I told AAA that this was a weekend car. My deductible is 500 on both cars.

·
Registered
13,115 Posts
^ I should really look into that. I live 5 miles from work. Even though it might not help that much. I average about 2 tickets a year :p
You can manage tickets in a 5 mile commute? :rofl: Maybe get up 10 minutes earlier, could save you some money...

·
Registered
484 Posts
$2500 a year!? You need to move! Assuming car thefts are high up there in Oakland.

I know i'm not in my 30's but, i'm 24 paying 1100/year for full coverage (Travelers, clean record/accident free) on an 11 STI and 07 FJ Cruiser in down in Orange County.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
You can manage tickets in a 5 mile commute? :rofl: Maybe get up 10 minutes earlier, could save you some money...
:lol: I've only lived here a year now. My job has taken me many places though, and I have not always lived this close to work. Plus I don't work weekends so that's when I get a chance to open up the STI = tickets.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts