IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing my black/gold baby today and "suddenly" noticed that my side valence or side skirt . . . whatever it is called right below the doors that runs the length of the car ... anyway, on the driver's side it is painted and on the passenger side it's just a hard plastic.

Was I ripped off? What's up with that?

miffed in H-town

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Take it back and have them exchange it for a painted one. That's my personal opinion. Obviously on the other color cars they are both painted.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I have a Java Black STi and they are both painted. Take it back and get them to replace it, they are supposed to be painted.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
iwannastibad said:
I was washing my black/gold baby today and "suddenly" noticed that my side valence or side skirt . . . whatever it is called right below the doors that runs the length of the car ... anyway, on the driver's side it is painted and on the passenger side it's just a hard plastic.

Was I ripped off? What's up with that?

miffed in H-town
That's pretty hilarious that you just noticed it now : ) That sucks though man. Keep in mind that sometimes accidents happen at port and are corrected at port. Perhaps the put the new skirt on and simply forgot to paint it. How that ever made it by the sales guy is mystery to me.

-st

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Singletrack said:
How that ever made it by the sales guy is mystery to me.
I'm thinking it must not be real noticable if the owner himself didn't notice until now... how many people purchase a $30k car without looking it over very carefully?? :-?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RadarOnPaws said:
I'm thinking it must not be real noticable if the owner himself didn't notice until now... how many people purchase a $30k car without looking it over very carefully?? :-?
uhhh - I guess that was my first mistake ever . . . luv you too radar.. I hope you learn from me for when you buy yours. By the way when are you getting yours? Let us know if you find any imperfections before you leave the lot.

I guess it was the excitement of the moment. Plus it was raining when I picked up my car. Then I went out of country to Singapore for a week. So my mind was on and off my baby.

Can't say that I buy a 30 large car every day. In fact this was my first. I'm on my way to the dealer. It's definetly past the 30 days so I'll keep you posted on what they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts