IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After upgrading my injectors and COBB turbo heat shield, the installer left out the brackets that protect the injectors and also help stabilize the TMIC on the passenger side.

Wanted to ask, is there any downside to having this bracket removed? It does look a lot cleaner without it but if needed I will find a way to reinstall that bracket. Please let me know

·
Registered
337 Posts
Id want it back. not sure if it would hurt or not but it could cause the tmic to move more when the engine rocks. that may or may not cause it to tap on things. could cause damage or false knock if that happens. or it could be ok. regardless i wouldnt risk it

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that makes sense. thanks for the input!

do you happen to know if the stock brackets would still fit even with the Cobb turbo shield? The area looks tight so I’m not sure

·
Super Moderator
8,099 Posts

do you happen to know if the stock brackets would still fit even with the Cobb turbo shield? The area looks tight so I’m not sure
I ran the cobb heat shield on my car without manipulating the brackets so i'd say it should go back on if the car came with it.

·
Registered
337 Posts

i cant remember what heat shield i had but whichever one i had worked with the stock brackets......i think mine may have been grimspeed but i genuinely cant remember

·
Registered
531 Posts
i cut mine minus where it mounts to the block directly...less stable but much better than not having it...i also had issue where my coupler would come off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts