IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. It's time for me to buy tires for my STi and was looking for a recommendation on a good A/S tire. I know winter tires would be best, and then a set of summer, but this is my daily driver and I put a lot of miles on her. Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Pilot Exalto A/S are one of the better ones but are some money like 160-170 a tire. Not too bad. If you have snow, they will do well, but not as well as a snow tire. They are made by Michelin(sp?)

VAN

·
resigned
5,609 Posts
the overall cost of having 2 sets of tires/rims doesnt end up that much higher than just buying a/s's considering the performance you will gain, the tires will last significantly longer, and the added safety of having the right tire for the condition. You could get a cheap set of rotas for winter driving, and a good set of winter tires for ~$1000. Everyones priorities are different, but I choose not to sacrifice traction in all conditions for the mere convenience of one set of tires.

·
Registered
303 Posts
For the two posts above me... I am not bashing you. You guys gave info, but look at what he was asking. All season tires. That is all he wanted to know. Please dont take this as bashing, just look at what he was asking. Its like some one asking; Should I get a blue evo or red evo. THen we post: you should get a blue STi. Doesnt really help him. I am done. Sorry if I have offended anyone. Please PM if I have.

VAN

·
resigned
5,609 Posts
vandersti said:
For the two posts above me... I am not bashing you. You guys gave info, but look at what he was asking. All season tires. That is all he wanted to know. Please dont take this as bashing, just look at what he was asking. Its like some one asking; Should I get a blue evo or red evo. THen we post: you should get a blue STi. Doesnt really help him. I am done. Sorry if I have offended anyone. Please PM if I have.

VAN
That was my opinion on A/S's, they are worthless... Youre not really saving any money. Many people dont realize they can run 2 great sets of tires for marginally more money than one very mediocre set of tires. Why comprimise? Especially in the face of safety...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lack skill is completely right but Mike in effort to answer the question that you asked, you could go with a toyo TPT, or a yokohama AS430, the company I work for sets people up with these as all seasons and they work fine

·
resigned
5,609 Posts
sorry, im not trying to be a PITA... Not everyone realizes how much difference there is in winter vs a/s tires and how much of a headache it can save them. If this is not the case and you were already aware i apologize. I kinda rank all seasons about the same as putting a BOV on a stock turbo STi. Sure you can do it, and it will work. But youre money is better spent elsewhere...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts