IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one here heard about Nichrome Tint that has better heat blocking on all brand name Tints ??? cause i got mine they said its Nichrome pls. i need help thx..

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Never heard of it...I imagine there would be some sort of info available if you perform a search on the internet. I live in Central Texas, up around the Ft. Hood area...go down to Baytown once a year for the Fun Ford Weekends. We have the same degree temp as you all...maybe hotter, but NOWHERE NEAR the humidity that you all get.....But, I doubt any tint really shields against humidity. However, if you do find some info out on the Nichrome, post it, as I'd be interested in learning about it.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i got some answers about this nichrome tint i got from ExecutiveMotoring here in Houston Texas i was there when he tested it from my own hands he open a red light that produce heat and its was red and warm so he put the regular tint on top of my hands then i still feel hot but ofcourse like around 10% better without tint then teh sososo called Nichrome dedngggg i don't feel that much heat i say its 75% off the heat so i got it now for my Baby Sti and im ready for the Summer now guys try it and feel the diffrence here's the # 7134677000 look for the Manager Andy Loe he's cool with all STi around heheh tell him your Jerrico's friend so you can get a good hookup .....

·
Registered
493 Posts
I did my tint @ Executive Motoring also (the one on Gessner I think)
My contact person was Brandon.

Here's how it looks like:

He said that the tint that I used is the most reflective ones that are still legal and reject the heat.

I don't if that's the nichchrome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that looks good dude but nichrome came out blk dark limo tint, your tint is one way mirror but he was telling the truth the heat will be rejected back cause o fthe reflection its cool how much you got it ???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that looks good dude but nichrome came out blk dark limo tint, your tint is one way mirror but he was telling the truth the heat will be rejected back cause o fthe reflection its cool how much you got it ???

·
Registered
493 Posts
STI door stickers

I think I paid for $200 plus tax all around.
Is that good price?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup thats exactly the price i paid cool ... Andy is cool with Scoobies Sti even do he drives infinity G35 ....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking for a good place to get a tint done on my car. Were is Executive Motoring that some of you are talking about? Some of the places I have looked at are Subaru of Dallas for $185.00 and Wasabi Racing for $250.00. If anyone know were I should get my tint done let me know.

·
Registered
493 Posts

Executive Motoring is in Houston.

I am not sure whether SOD is cheap for $185 as it depends on what kind of tint.

If you get the regular black tint that would be cheaper than the metalic tint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Subaru of Dallas uses 3M film not the metallic tint. Wasabi Racing uses something different, they said it was better them 3M but the guy I talked to was not the tint guy so he did not know what brand they use just that it was better. I am just wanting the black looking tint not the metallic tint. This Nichrome Tint that some of you have been talking about, is it black looking? It gets so hot in the summer here and my metal shift knob gets pretty hot sometimes so that would be cool if I could get a tint that helps with heat a little.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts