Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Re: TINA: Daily driven, STU prepped

Well, guys with the help of the Salt Lake car enthusiast community I was able to acquire my Accesport through an interesting turn of events. I am so thankful to be surrounded by individuals that care enough to help out. Never give up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
New tire setup, went with 275/35 instead of the 265/40 I had on there. I really like the look of the HTR Z III for a daily tire. They are very affordable too.

A little Transformation comparison for you guys too...

·
Registered
532 Posts

Well, guys with the help of the Salt Lake car enthusiast community I was able to acquire my Accesport through an interesting turn of events. I am so thankful to be surrounded by individuals that care enough to help out. Never give up.
Wait wait wait, that's it!!!!!!! A story about re acquiring your AP is needed here:)

And I loved my metro....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Looks a lot better in my opinion.
Yea, these tires are almost the same spec dimensions as the 265/40s (a hair wider and a hair shorter), when we matched the new tires up with the old worn out ones they were pretty much identical, but look a little shorter on the car.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yea, these tires are almost the same spec dimensions as the 265/40s (a hair wider and a hair shorter), when we matched the new tires up with the old worn out ones they were pretty much identical, but look a little shorter on the car.
I think it helped. I think it's a noticeable difference in pictures.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

Wait wait wait, that's it!!!!!!! A story about re acquiring your AP is needed here:)

And I loved my metro....
My metro sure has grown up :lol:

Story time:

So, it had been a few weeks and I had lost hope to ever getting the AP back. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but my old iPhone was stolen with the AP. Well, one day I come home to a message that a phone number with an iTunes user name had tried to add itself to my iTunes account. I look up the phone number, it belongs to a girl that lives in the area. I try to contact her and ask her about how she acquired my phone, no answer... so I turn to the salt lake car community with a facebook post regarding the girl and if anyone knew her so they could tell her I was trying to get ahold of her. Nobody knew her, but a lot of people had mutual friends. Anyway, the post on the facebook page got a TON of attention which caught the eye of a fellow enthusiast that worked at a dealership. He had a guy call him that same morning asking if they buy used car parts. The guy was trying to sell an Accessport but had no idea what model it was or really anything about it. The enthusiast at the shop says to bring it in and he'll take a look at it. Meanwhile, he contacts me privately and lets me in on the story. I give him my serial number to match up with the AP the seller was bringing in. Sure enough, it was a match and the enthusiast at the shop tells the guy the AP is stolen and he cant let him leave with it. He gives me the good news and I met up with him that evening and got the AP back. I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
how much camber do you have in the rear w those 275s? digging the fitment and height, not all nasty poke or anything lol
Thanks! It's got juuuust the right amount of poke, I feel like not a lot of people try to go this aggressive on the stock body. The rear is roughly 1.9* from what I have measured with my phones camber app, it seems to be pretty accurate, I do my own alignments so I have never had it on a rack to truly know tho.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Excellent on the AP story, glad you got it back and what a great chain of events to come together:)

Although I might have gone other routes with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch, but hey you have it back and that's killer!!!!!) car is looking great!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Excellent on the AP story, glad you got it back and what a great chain of events to come together:)

Although I might have gone other routes with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch, but hey you have it back and that's killer!!!!!) car is looking great!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
thanks!

Just realised that 90% of my pictures aren't showing up now because photo bucket is dumb. Anyone have any easy way to fix this? I tried downloading the albums from Photobucket, but I get an error. This is going to take forever to fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Photobucket is dumb. To fix all the broken links, you have to spend over $400. Flickr is the next best option to repost your photos.

Side note: I recently picked up an Invidia N1 and having issues with figuring out what to do about the other cut out in the bumper. Since you cut yours completely out, how did you make a clean straight line across?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Photobucket is dumb. To fix all the broken links, you have to spend over $400. Flickr is the next best option to repost your photos.

Side note: I recently picked up an Invidia N1 and having issues with figuring out what to do about the other cut out in the bumper. Since you cut yours completely out, how did you make a clean straight line across?
I know right! $400 is a little steep.

I hear you on that, I struggled for a long time on what I wanted to do with the rear bumper cover. The cut was easy I just used a Dremel and cut off wheel, then went back with a sanding drum to even it all out. Patience is key.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts